cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account was "Deleted" but cannot create a new account with same email address

Account was "Deleted" but cannot create a new account with same email address

Terafuji
Explorer | Level 3

Good afternoon! I am new to the forums and currently using a second account to try and get my primary account back.

I've opened a support ticket to try and resolve this issue last month. In the original ticket, I've let the Dropbox Support Team know that the only email I received from them was the "deletion" email. They told me my account was deleted and I should have had emails leading up to it. I just found their response to my ticket in my spam folder today, and I've since located the lead up emails in my spam folder as well, which I found strange as I use to always get emails from dropbox in my Inbox. I have whitelisted the emails from dropbox today. I am assuming dropbox signed me out on my laptop and it counted as not signing in for 90 days. When I tried to respond to the support ticket via email, it told me, "Thanks for reaching out to Dropbox support. Replies to this email are routed to an unmonitored inbox and will not be answered by our support team." which I am only guessing is because I took too long to locate this email in the spam folder and respond to it. However, I can't respond to it on dropbox because it won't let me sign in due to my account being "Inactive".

I lost a chunk of important documents and pictures all the way back from 2018, which is already devastating, but now I can't even re-create an account using my primary email address as it is still saying the account is "Inactive". Is there a way I can get this fixed? I've tried to create another support ticket but I keep getting an error that says, "There was a problem completing this request". I've used DropBox for many years and never had this issue before. Any help would be appreciated. I've attached the error picture here that I get when trying to create another support ticket, while omitting my personal information (Edit to add that I've tried deleting cache, using a different browser, and used my phone. They all got the same error):

Terafuji_0-1727294921909.png

5 Replies 5

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @Terafuji - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Can you please share your original ticket's ID so that we can look it up in our system?

Also, could you maybe forward us a screenshot of the exact error you're getting when trying to create a Dropbox account with the email address that's associated with the deleted account? 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Terafuji
Explorer | Level 3

Absolutely, Walter! The ticket ID is: 24138730. It also looks like when I responded to the ticket via email, it created two additional IDs: 24291460 and 24291414, though they should be identical.

As for the error, I am receiving the following:

Terafuji_0-1727297031008.png

If it helps, the URL that I am on during this error is: dropbox.com/register.

Navigating to dropbox.com and selecting "sign-in" is giving the same error, though I do understand why sign in will give the error since they told me my account was deleted.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the ticket numbers and the screenshot too @Terafuji - much appreciated. 

I was able to locate them in our system and I can see that they're all closed now. 

May I open a new one on your behalf using the email address that's linked to your profile here, on our Community to investigate further? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Terafuji
Explorer | Level 3

If you could do that, that would be great. Thank you so much!

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Sure thing @Terafuji - you've got :envelope: 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Terafuji Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?