cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment options

How do I change my payment from iTunes to Dropbox?

Ames13
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi I currently have Dropbox set up with my iTunes…. But I need to change the form of payment so I can use my company credit card to pay for the storage upgrade.. but I can’t seem to find a way to change it from the iTunes… please advise! Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @Mette1984 

The only way to do this is to stop the iTunes subscription and wait for it to downgrade you. THEN you can go and upgrade again on the website. 

You will NOT loose any files at all. All that happens is your account is downgraded and so syncing stops and wont work until you reupgrade 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @Ames13 

You need to cancel iTunes upgrade and then wait for it to downgrade you (don't panic you wont loose data) before then upgrading again on the website. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Mette1984
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi all

I originally purchased my dropbox subscription via my Apple iTunes account and are paying monthly fee from here. Now I want to use a different payment option like Visa or PayPal instead only for my Dropbox subscription. How do I change this without modifying my payment option in my iTunes account. I don't dare to cancel my Dropbox subscription in iTunes and then try updating payment options afterwards in Dropbox, I'm afraid of loosing all my doc's and other stuff in dropbox...

How do I do this, anyone?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @Mette1984 

The only way to do this is to stop the iTunes subscription and wait for it to downgrade you. THEN you can go and upgrade again on the website. 

You will NOT loose any files at all. All that happens is your account is downgraded and so syncing stops and wont work until you reupgrade 🙂

Mette1984
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Mark

Thank you for the solution, this is what I needed to know

Need more support?