cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrongful credit card charge - Customer service help requested!

Wrongful credit card charge - Customer service help requested!

katesrap
Explorer | Level 3

I'm not sure how to get this issue reconciled so posting here with the hope that someone who monitors this from Dropbox will help me out. 

I recently (May'23) received a $119.88 credit card charge for what I assume is an annual subscription to dropbox which I do not have / have not authorized. I believe I was on this plan ~1 year ago when I then downgraded to paying monthly. I cancelled my monthly plan in Feb 2023 and have confirmation from dropbox of this transaction. 

WHY am I now receiving a bill and what is even more frustrating, is that all attempts to report this bill have been ineffective / met with silence from Dropbox. Please help. 

16 Replies 16

katesrap
Explorer | Level 3
I don’t have a ticket ID - nothing was shared when I submitted the form other than someone would get back to me in 2-3 business days

Rich
Super User II

@katesrap wrote:
I don’t have a ticket ID - nothing was shared when I submitted the form other than someone would get back to me in 2-3 business days

If the form was submitted successfully, you would have received an email with your ticket number. Make sure you check your spam folder.

katesrap
Explorer | Level 3
I’ve submitted this form twice now - the page on browser comes up and says it was submitted successfully but I do not receive an email with a ticket ID

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Sorry for jumping in too, @katesrap. It sounds like your ticket wasn't submitted properly from what you describe.

Is it OK if we log a ticket for you instead, and send it over to the email address that's linked to your Community profile here?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

katesrap
Explorer | Level 3
Sure why not! Thanks

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

You're all set, @katesrap! When you get the chance, please check your email address and reply back to my message.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

katesrap
Explorer | Level 3
Done
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

katesrap Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?