cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to my Essentials payment when upgrading to Business?

What happens to my Essentials payment when upgrading to Business?

amacripellizzeri
Explorer | Level 3

I Have an ESSENTIALS package, with a total of 4 terabytes. It is full and I got a suggestion by the system to a business package for 3 persons even if I am 1. I bought a 1 month test package, with no additional payment yet. I will be billed in one month. Now apparently I have all my files etc. still in ESSENTIALS AND ZERO on Business, while the transition to the new package should be automatic since I am not will to keep both the packages at the same time. What can I do? Moreover my ESSENTIAL contract will expire within 8 mont5hs from now, how may I recover the remaing payed period in the new package?

thank you [Removed as per Community Guidelines]

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @amacripellizzeri, thanks for messaging the Community.

If you allow the plan to upgrade to the Dropbox team, then you'll get a prorated refund for the remainder of the Essentials plan to the original payment method.

The full amount of the Dropbox team plan you've chosen will be taken out when you upgrade.

If you have any further queries, feel free to message back.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

amacripellizzeri
Explorer | Level 3

Presently I see in the system both the the packages (Essentials and Business), being Business absolutely empty, while Essential includes all the files. How can the files migrate from Essential to Business? It looks like if I have both, while I want to upgrade, not duplicate and keep both

Rich
Super User II

@amacripellizzeri wrote:

Presently I see in the system both the the packages (Essentials and Business), being Business absolutely empty, while Essential includes all the files.

Did you start the Business account while signed in to your Essentials account (using the same email address), or did you start a separate Business account with a different email?

If you used a different email address then you have two separate accounts, and the data in Essentials will not migrate to the Business account. You would have to move it manually, either my actually moving the files from one folder to the other if you're syncing both accounts to your computer, or by using a shared folder between both accounts.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    amacripellizzeri Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?