cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Plus plan from one email to another. Is this possible?

Transfer Plus plan from one email to another. Is this possible?

abvanced
New member | Level 2

I have two dropbox accounts, both with personal emails. I pay for Plus on one account (Account A), but I'd like to delete that one and have my Plus on my other email address's account (Account B). Is there a way to do this without double-paying for two Plus subscriptions?

For more context, Account A's Plus billing has already gone out for the year, so if I cancel I'll have already paid for the year and I don't want to waste the money. I just want Account B to have the Plus I've already paid for, if possible. Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@abvanced wrote:

I pay for Plus on one account (Account A), but I'd like to delete that one and have my Plus on my other email address's account (Account B).

There's no way to transfer a subscription from one account to the other. The only solution is to swap the email addresses on the account, though you'll need to use a third email as a place holder.

Change the email address on Account B to something else. That will free up the email address that was in use so it can be used on another account. Then change the email on Account A to the email address that was on Account B.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?