cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Subscription paid but not recognised

Subscription paid but not recognised

YL gmail
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I paid for one year’s subscription of Dropbox Plus on 27 May through Apple Pay (but my card was only charged on 31 May). I saw on my Dropbox account that it has been upgraded, with a pop-up message that the annual review will be on 27 May 2024. I also got a receipt from Apple.

However, I received an email from Dropbox saying that my free trial has expired and the usage has been exceeded.

I tried to request help on billing or to get customer support on the app but it kept going in circles. I am getting frustrated.

I don’t want to lose the files or to pay again. What can I do?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @YL gmail, let's see what we can find on this!

When you visit your plan page here, which subscription do you see there? 

Also, can you please clarify if you have two Dropbox accounts linked to two different emails? Since you're using an iOS device, can you open the Dropbox app, tap on 'account', then on the gear icon and then on 'restore purchase', to see if that helps?

Let me know more!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

27 Replies 27

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @YL gmail, let's see what we can find on this!

When you visit your plan page here, which subscription do you see there? 

Also, can you please clarify if you have two Dropbox accounts linked to two different emails? Since you're using an iOS device, can you open the Dropbox app, tap on 'account', then on the gear icon and then on 'restore purchase', to see if that helps?

Let me know more!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

YL gmail
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi Megan,

Thanks! I tapped “restore purchase” under my account settings and the subscription paid appears again.

I wonder why this needs to be done. How come the purchased subscription disappeared?

I am concerned whether I will be charged again - hope not.

Thanks again!

YL gmail
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hang on, I returned to my Dropbox app just now and saw that the paid subscription has disappeared again!! How can that happen? Can Dropbox team do something to fix this?

I then went to my account settings and tapped “restore purchase” again. My subscription appears again but having to do this is annoying. Btw, I received an email from Dropbox confirming receipt of payment after I did “restore purchase” the first time. How can the subscription disappeared after that? Could the Dropbox team really look into this? I’ve seen posts with similar problems in the past but this is still happening. Please fix it.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No worries, @YL gmail!

I just sent you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

GTMS2005
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I recently upgraded from my basic Dropbox account to a larger capacity account on February 26, 2023.    I needed to upload a large file and still on a 2GB plan.  I went to contact Dropbox support and determined it was necessary to have a paid account to initiate a support ticket.  Quickly determined that Dropbox had nothing in place to submit a trouble ticket for a situation like this.  This is really bad for customers that come across a problem like this.   I am extremely frustrated!!!!   I need some form of direction to resolve this.

GTMS2005
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello everyone - I noticed an option to have an email sent when someone replies.   Upon adding my initial username, I did not notice an option to add an email address.  I could not find an option in My profile or My settings.   

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @GTMS2005, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Can you please let us know if you upgraded your account through the website directly or if it was via the app store on a mobile device perhaps?

If you'd like to reach out to our support team about this, you can do it through this form. Just make sure to use an incognito window without logging into any Dropbox account and fill in all the relevant information.

If you end up doing this and get a ticket from our system, you can share its number with us so that we can look it up in our as well.

Keep us posted anyhow! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

GTMS2005
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

I was restoring an application that utilizes a file stored on my Dropbox account and also adding a second desktop PC to my 2GB Dropbox account. The Dropbox system sent a notification that device connections were exceeded, and an upgrade was required.  Though I do have an Android phone as a Dropbox device, I do not remember making a purchase through my Play Store account.    I also did not receive a confirmation email after making the purchase in February 2023.

Thank you.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @GTMS2005, to make sure I understand correctly, you have paid for a Dropbox subscription, but your account still appears as a Dropbox Basic account with 2 GB, right?

If you look up the payment info here, does it bring up the same email address and the one you're using to login to your current Dropbox account?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?