cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-subscription to a plan leads to a new payment??

Re-subscription to a plan leads to a new payment??

raptor10
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Hi, I would like to ask about re-subscription to a paid plan.
I have been using a DB Plus plan for a couple of years with annual payments. Recently I was charged again, and I downgraded the plan to Basic(free) plan. I received the explanation that the plan is still active until the paid period, but new uploads cannot exceed the 2Gb limit set for Basic plan (access to old uploads is available). The question is whether re-subscribing to the Plus plan within this active /paid period would lead to another payment, as the re-subscription is requiring to enter credit card information.
Thank you for your responses!!
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Refunds can take some time to be processed @raptor10 

You can wait a couple of days and if you still don't see the amount credited back to your balance, you can contact your bank and ask for more information. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @raptor10, thanks for joining our Community!

If you were to resume a subscription you had cancelled but was still ongoing, you wouldn't need to enter new billing information. Are you sure that the account isn't already upgraded to the free, Basic plan? 

Let me know and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

raptor10
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
So it’s been Plus plan for a while until downgraded to Basic plan, but I am assured that the plan is still active and valid till the end of the paid period. When I push the re-subscribe button, it asks for credit card details.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @raptor10!

If I get this right, you’re currently on a Plus plan, you cancelled your next renewal at some point, but now you’d like to continue with your paid plan as it is, and not downgrade to a free Basic account. Is this correct?

If you check your linked to Dropbox email address, are you seeing your cancellation confirmation? Is there an option to re-subscribe there perhaps without re-inserting your payment details?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

raptor10
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
I was on a Plus Plan, renewal went through successfully and payment was charged. A few days after I cancelled the plan (downgraded to the Basic Plan with access to old uploads and limit of 2Gb for new uploads). If this type of access is still valid, if I resume or re-subscribe to the same plan, in my opinion, I shouldn’t be charged again and just have an access to 2Tb of storage. Am I right? What steps should be taken?

raptor10
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I guess if the system requires entering credit card details (screenshot below), the system is trying to charge a new payment. 

In the billing history, it shows that the amount of $119 was charged on 3/26 and refund is shown on 3/29. 

I guess my questions are as follows:

Q1) Will the amount above be refunded?

Q2) If no refund can be made, is there a way to re-subscribe without paying a new amount? 

Q2-1) If I enter credit card details as required by the system (see the screenshot below), will the system charge again?

Screenshot.jpg

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @raptor10, if a refund was processed, this means that your account was already downgraded, and is just a normal Basic free plan. You can confirm the refund from the payments page, and your payment provider as well.

To return to a paid plan, a simple upgrade would need to be performed from the page you're showing. If you're seeing this on your current account while logged in, then it means it will charge the full amount shown.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

raptor10
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

So the option of re-subscribing simply means to upgrade and pay another $118? 

So the period of 03/26/2023 to 03/26/2024 would only allow access old uploads and limit new uploads to 2Gb?

Billing Screenshot.png

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No, as mentioned previously, since you received a refund, your account should already be back on a Basic plan. 

The screenshot only confirms the refund was related to that older transaction for that specific period, and doesn't mean that your account cannot be upgraded until 2024. You can confirm your current plan from this page.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

raptor10
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I guess my final question is whether actual money will be refunded (deposited back) to my credit card?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    raptor10 Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?