cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service from JustAnswer - how to get refund?

Poor service from JustAnswer - how to get refund?

avikerem
Explorer | Level 4

Dear Community

I am using Dropbox for at least 15 years, but yesterday I sadly disconnected myself from the Dropbox service due to unacceptable support from JustAnswer that ended up in me paying almost 50 dollats ( 1 dollar for the JustAnswer poor advice and 49 dollars for an annual plan to give you the wonderful opportunity to receive a full year of bad advices...)

Dropbox was a wonderful service and I never had any complaint about the technical side or the customer care side of the Company, but apparently they outsource the customer service to a company that maybe is not keeping the high standards of Dropbox

Anyone know how can I get my money back. I probably will not register again to Dropbox services as long as they outsource the customer support but I still want to recover the $50 dollars I was manipulated to pay to JustAnswer.

Thank you very much!

Avi [removed]

[removed]

personal info removed per the Dropbox Community Guidelines]

5 Replies 5

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Sorry to hear about this experience, @avikerem.

I wanted to clarify that Dropbox is not affiliated with nor have we outsourced our support to this third party service.

After searching online, I found that this is a service that provides support on all kinds of services and apps, but they're not related to Dropbox whatsoever.

If you were charged by them, you'll need to reach out to them to ask for your money back, I'm afraid.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Rich
Super User II

@avikerem wrote:

... unacceptable support from JustAnswer that ended up in me paying almost 50 [dollars] ... I still want to recover the $50 dollars I was manipulated to pay to JustAnswer.

Contact your bank and dispute the charge.

I'm assuming you were looking for a Dropbox Support contact, or perhaps a phone number? There are MANY third-party "support" companies that take advantage of this and advertise themselves as the official support service for many different companies. They usually prey on people that are searching for a phone number, especially when the service they're looking for doesn't provide phone support, such as Dropbox. Many times they'll even answer the phone, email or chat as the company that they're masquerading as. This is all an attempt to be able to charge you for whatever "service" they performed for you. The more malicious ones will even have you install support software on your computer which ends up being malware (if you did this, remove it immediately!!!).

If this sounds like what you went through, call your bank and report it as fraud. You were manipulated into handing over money to the wrong company.

avikerem
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you Rick and Hannah for your replies.

Rick answer  describes  what probably happen and I will dispute the charge.

I am worried about Hannah's reply because such parasites are causing Dropbox to lose customers, this should be quite alarming and telling me - sorry it is not us, should not be the only answer to a loyal customer for 15 years.

Anyway, you can close this tiny thread guys. And thanks a lot  for your patience and your good advice.

All the best guys

Avi Kerem

Rich
Super User II

@avikerem wrote:

I am worried about Hannah's reply because such parasites are causing Dropbox to lose customers, this should be quite alarming and telling me - sorry it is not us ...

There really isn't anything else they can respond with. They can't offer you a refund because you didn't pay them, you paid a third-party that they aren't affiliated with. Also, although deceitful, there isn't anything strictly illegal about what the other company is doing, just misleading. There's no action that Dropbox can take against them. The way to combat these services is to share your story about on public forums so others are made aware to stay away.

The best Dropbox can do in situations like this is to help resolve the issue you were originally having, if you're still having it, once you provide them with information about the problem.

avikerem
Explorer | Level 4

I am not expecting Dropbox to refund my foolishness... But I am not sure Dropbox cannot legally fight them. They are badly hurting their business. I can testify that sometimes the damage is as big as  causing a loyal customer for 15 years to take his business elsewhere

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

avikerem Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?