cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My paid subscription disappeared along with all my content

My paid subscription disappeared along with all my content

Sciaretm
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I purchased a 1 year subscription on 05/29/24 and have been using the account without problems up until last week.

My account now shows that it is the basic free account with all of my files gone. Says 0 bytes used with 2G available.

I cannot get help from dropbox because their site shows that is only available to paid subscribers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sciaretm
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Thank you for that information Rich, the credit card lookup pulled up the same email address that I have been using. I will reach out to support using the private browser trick to get ahold of someone.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Sciaretm, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Do you see any confirmed payments (with an invoice and receipt) on this page on your account?

Did you join any Dropbox team at all during this period? Are there any events showing any changes to files on your account?

This will help me to assist further! 

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Sciaretm
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Thank you for getting back to me. The link shows no billing history. I have the bank statement showing DropBox payment. And it does not show any events.

I have shared links to material that was saved on my dropbox account in the past before this. I tried a couple of those links. The links still work and retrieves those files.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Sciaretm, in that case, is it possible that you've logged in to a different account than your paid one?

Try checking your email addresses for any emails you might have received from Dropbox, to see if maybe you have two accounts with us.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Sciaretm
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have checked, and this isn't the case. Is there a way to have someone from Dropbox contact me to work though this? I have paid $130 for the annual subscription and would like to continue using the account.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Sciaretm wrote:

I have checked, and this isn't the case.

With no files in the account, no record of any payment history, nothing listed on the Events page, and the shared links from your account still working, then you are most certainly signed in to a different account now.

Was your account paid for with a credit card? If so, use the credit card charge lookup tool to verify the account that you're paying for. Failing that, you'll need to contact Support directly.

To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Sciaretm
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Thank you for that information Rich, the credit card lookup pulled up the same email address that I have been using. I will reach out to support using the private browser trick to get ahold of someone.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Sciaretm Helpful | Level 5
    Rich Super User II
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?