cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My mobile subscription has expired, but Dropbox still won't let me re-subscribe via the website

My mobile subscription has expired, but Dropbox still won't let me re-subscribe via the website

artsortment
Explorer | Level 3

Hello. I am trying to switch my subscription from Apple mobile payment to the Dropbox website. I have already followed the instructions provided by Dropbox and cancelled my subscription with Apple. According to Apple, my mobile subscription expired on August 7th (10 days ago). However, when I go to manage my subscription on Dropbox.com, I am told I have to manage my subscription through Apple and not given the option to subscribe via web.

To make matters more frustrating, when I try to contact support by email through Dropbox's website, I'm given the same set of instructions I already followed and not allowed to submit a support request. I haven't attempted to use the live chat because it's not available on weekends, and if I'm going to have to wait until Monday to receive support anyway, I'd rather be able to submit a support request now while I'm thinking about it and handle it asynchronously than have to remember to do it on Monday.

It's incredibly frustrating, and from looking at the forums, it seems like this is a problem multiple people have had that has required email support from Dropbox to resolve.

I would primarily like help resolving this issue so I can subscribe to Dropbox via the website.

However, I would also like Dropbox to consider updating the "Submit a Help Request" form to allow people having this issue to, ya know, use it. The fact that multiple people have posted on this forum about this exact same issue shows that the instructions provided are insufficient, and genuinely the most aggravating part of this entire thing has been being stonewalled by Dropbox's support request UI.

Please either update the instructions with troubleshooting steps when your subscription has expired on mobile but you're still unable to change your subscription plan on the website, or, if this always requires Dropbox support to resolve, provide a way for people in this situation to indicate as such in the "Submit a Help Request" form that will allow them to, ya know, submit a help request.

5 Replies 5

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

I’m sorry for your experience, @artsortment, and thanks for the feedback you’ve shared. 

Can you clarify what plan you see at your Plan page here

If it still shows that you’re on a paid subscription and the downgrade hasn’t been registered on our end yet, you can try chatting in with our support team now and they’ll look into this. 

Let me know if you need something else though.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

artsortment
Explorer | Level 3

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @artsortment - thanks for the screenshots!

Would it be OK if we reached out via email to have a further look internally? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

artsortment
Explorer | Level 3

That would be just fine.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the cooperation @artsortment - you've got :envelope: 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    artsortment Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?