cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I was just charged for a renewal but don't know which account it's for

I was just charged for a renewal but don't know which account it's for

GLDavis
Explorer | Level 4

How can I speak with a live person about my plan(s)?  I just received  renewal and I need to know what plans I have as I'm unable to log in to an account that is tied to a company that I'm no longer with.  I mainly just want to speak with a LIVE person, please. 

Thank you. 

11 Replies 11

Rich
Super User II

@GLDavis wrote:

How can I speak with a live person about my plan(s)?

Phone support is only available on Business team plans. You can open a ticket for billing issues.

I just received  renewal and I need to know what plans I have as I'm unable to log in to an account that is tied to a company that I'm no longer with.

Without access to the email address, you won't be able to sign in to the account, but you can contact Support and they'll help you cancel your subscription.

To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

GLDavis
Explorer | Level 4

Okay, thank you so much for your help!  I'll try your suggestion(s).  

GLDavis
Explorer | Level 4

I absolutely HATE that I can't speak to someone about this issue.  I'm being sent down a rabbit hole.  Even the link and phone number provided in PayPal to Dropbox don't work.  The phone number "has been disconnected or is no longer in service" and the e-mail link to open a ticket resulted in a error that the page no longer exists.  The only thing that I know to do next is to open a ticket with the Better Business Bureau so they can contact you on my behalf to get this issue resolved.  AGAIN, I seem to have 2 accounts but I can't log in to the one with the e-mail address to a company that I'm no longer with and that the e-mail has been turned off.  I have NO way to communicate with live assistance and am beyond frustrated. 

GLDavis
Explorer | Level 4

GLDavis_0-1725043359595.png

This is all I get whenever I tried sending an e-mail from the information provided in PayPal.  There is literally NO way to cancel or talk to someone about my account(s).

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Sorry to hear about your experience, @GLDavis.

Is it possible that you missed any of Rich's suggestions on how to submit a support ticket to our team?

Here's what you need to do:

1. Open a private browsing/incognito window and go to this page.
  2. In the "I want to look up information related to" section, choose "other" and type in an email address you can access.
  3. Fill out the rest of the form.
  4. Click "submit".

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

GLDavis
Explorer | Level 4

Yes, Hannah, I saw Rich's reply.  I have taken another avenue with getting my issue resolved since every road I took on Support or Help ended up getting me nowhere. Also, I looked up the BBB and saw many other similar complaints as mine.  The process to get resolution with Dropbox is very disheartening and frustrating and appears that my same concerns are shared with many, many others.  I'm not even happy to share my frustrations on this open community.  I'd much prefer having a private conversation with a single point of contact.  I've simply never seen anything like this before.  Very disappointing and frustrating.  Thank you and Rich for trying to help, though.  

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

I do understand where you're coming from, @GLDavis.

Rest assured that your feedback and comments have been passed along to our team already.

Indeed, the support options depend on one's account type, but I'm happy to see that you are in the process of resolving this.

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to let us know.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks, Hannah, but I would think that being charged $120 annual fee is a type of account that comes with access to support. Again, I have an account that I am NO longer able to access or receive communication about because it is associated with a company e-mail address that I no longer am with or have access to.  That is the issue and I am not getting support from Dropbox. 

Mark
Super User II

@09291407 wrote:

Thanks, Hannah, but I would think that being charged $120 annual fee is a type of account that comes with access to support. =

It does - if you pay, regardless of a plan, you can access paid support. But you must be logged in to that account to get it. Dropbox upgrades don't benefit other accounts in any way.

If you cannot access the email follow https://help.dropbox.com/account-access/lost-email-access

Its very unlikely you'll get access back but they should be able to stop future payments 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?