cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a refund for my Dropbox charge.

I need a refund for my Dropbox charge.

whynotrefund
New member | Level 2

I subscribed the annual 2TB storage by accident on August 18 2024 and found it's a mistake as I already have the Microsoft cloud and my husband has a drop box 2TB subscription currently. So I cancelled the subscription within 10 minutes and assumed they will refund me at least partially. BUT when I check my credit card history and there is no refund in 2 weeks. I checked their refund policy and there is a statement: In most cases, payments for Dropbox subscriptions and team member licenses aren’t refundable. This is NOT fair!!!!! I didn't even use it for one minute but they charged me over $100, why? I tried to contact them from the customer services but they don't even allow me to send email or chat or request a call back while in theory I'm still a 2TB user as I paid for the whole year. I cancelled the subscription and they put me as a free account user and do not allow me to talk to them, but the confirmation I got is " Subscription cancellation scheduled for August 18, 2025" so I should still be a 2TB user. Why I cannot even talk to the customer services? Is this the way you treat the customer? Is there any way I can talk to them? 

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

If you cannot see the support options you've logged in to the wrong account on the website.

Make sure at www.dropbox.com/plans you can see the account with the upgrade on it. And then go to www.dropbox.com/support . It sounds like you accidentally may have multiple ones. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

whynotrefund
New member | Level 2

yeah, I tried both links and they led me back to where I was. As you can see the options under Contact us are grey and I can click none of them.

whynotrefund_0-1725217056800.png

Mark
Super User II

That means then, as I said, you are not logged in to the account you upgraded. You are currently logged in as a free user. You need to log out of that and in to the paid one.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    whynotrefund New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?