cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Fraudulent charge

I've received a fraudulent charge - how can I get refunded?

Kerby
New member | Level 2

Hi everyone, I have a charge on my account from Dropbox. I am not receiving this service and I have no invoice for this charge. I believe it is fraudulent. I would like to contact Dropbox to have the charge reversed. Any advice?
I’ve blocked my card for now
Thanks

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

@Kerby wrote:
I believe it is fraudulent. I would like to contact Dropbox to have the charge reversed. Any advice?
I’ve blocked my card for now
Thanks

This needs to be handled by your card company. If you did not give Dropbox your card details and somebody has stolen them it needs reporting to your card company and the card cancelling - it they use it here they'll use it elsewhere. 

If you DID give your card info to Dropbox use https://help.dropbox.com/billing/find-credit-card-charge to work out which account you upgraded. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Kerby
New member | Level 2
Thanks, I’ve searched the transaction and it’s for an account that is not mine

Mark
Super User II

@Kerby wrote:
Thanks, I’ve searched the transaction and it’s for an account that is not mine

Call your card company - if they use it here they will use it elsewhere as well. Dont let them fob you off either 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?