cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I get an error trying to purchase Dropbox Plus from Basic plan

I get an error trying to purchase Dropbox Plus from Basic plan

walbluefin
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I have tried twice to chat with someone at Dropbox, but unfortunately I get the sales chat and they don't know how to solve the issue.  Because I started with a basic trial, I can't access support directly.  I have tried with different credit cards to purchase the dropbox plus 2 TB plan, but I get an error after completing the form and pressing the purchase button. The error message says "Please correct the form errors and try again".  I have tried multiple credit cards and get the same error.  The second sales chat had be submit a support request for Dropbox Dash because that is the only way to contact support.  I find it a bit odd that Sales cannot access support or transfer someone via chat to support.  I am trying to give dropbox money but they are making it impossible for me to pay them.  This is extremely frustrating and I have wasted a few hours trying to pay dropbox and upgrade my subscription.

52 Replies 52

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for clarifying that for me @Pietrosoresi - I've just sent you an email to look further into this issue so please have a glance at your inbox and we'll take it from there.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

androoid
New member | Level 2

Been trying to upgrade my account via desktop browser, via /pricing/, via account banner, via account upgrade and keep getting 'Correct form errors' but cannot identify any...

Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 13.40.53.png

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Sorry to see that you're having this issue, @androoid.

Can you try clearing your browser's cache, to see if that helps?

If not, try from a different browser altogether or from a private browsing/incognito window.

Let me know how it goes.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Pietrosoresi
Explorer | Level 3
I didn't receive any e-mail to solve the problem

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for letting me know about this @Pietrosoresi 

I just sent you an email again to the email address that's associated with your profile here on our Community. 

If you can't find it in your inbox, please check your spam/junk folder as well.

Keep us posted anyhow!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

BenDBX
Community Manager

Hi Everybody,

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. Our engineering team has identified the cause and implemented a fix. You should now be able to upgrade your plan without issue.

Thanks,

Ben

gluethegloom
New member | Level 2

i'm having this issue as well.... it's clearly not fixed

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @gluethegloom - sorry to hear that.

if this persists even after clearing your browser's cache or on another browser, would it be OK with you if we reached out via email to have a further look internally? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

FallsP
New member | Level 2

I'm on a basic plan with the very small 2gb offering that isn't big enough for anything anyone dares to send you, and today I'd finally given up... clients keep sending me things on dropbox, which i'd rather not use because of the slow uploads, high cost per gigabyte and closed ecosystem ... but i acquiesced and went to purchase. But even THAT doesn't work on dropbox and instead after entering my payment information i received the error "Please correct the form errors and try again" despite it being a very simple form, and being correctly filled in, i was surprised to learn that after all these years of dropbox desperately trying to get my money, they don't actually WANT my money. Fortunately i've convinced my client to use google drive instead so i guess everyone wins!

mondodesign
New member | Level 2

Hi Ben, I'm still experiencing this issue. Have tried multiple browsers and payment methods, and error message still reads 'Please correct form errors and try again". Need to upgrade to the Plus plan ASAP. Thanks

Need more support?