cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I deleted my Dropbox account, but I'm still being charged

I deleted my Dropbox account, but I'm still being charged

dcas301349
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have read the similar items to mine and do not know how to receive assistance.  My wife had a small business and used the Dropbox services for several years.  She retired earlier this year and we submitted a request to Dropbox to delete the account.  I received a confirmation on May 28, 2024 at 11:59 AM stating the following:  "This email is a confirmation that you've deleted your Dropbox account."  I am still being charged $54.00 per month.  I am unable to log into the original account because the account was deleted, as I had requested.  I attempted to write an email to SALES to see if they would assist me, but all I received back was the procedure to log into the account and work from there.  Again, it is hard to log into an account if the account has been deleted.  The most recent billing statement from Dropbox is listed as:  [Removed as per Community Guidelines].  As a last ditch effort, I even tried to send a response to "Feedback@dropbox.com" which was listed in my cancellation confirmation letter but the response came back telling me this is not a monitored address.  How do I get someone at Dropbox to address this issue?

Thanks,

Dale

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @dcas301349, I just sent you an email! 

I'll be happy to see you there! 😀

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@dcas301349 wrote:

I am still being charged $54.00 per month.  I am unable to log into the original account because the account was deleted, as I had requested.

First I would use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the account you're being charged for, just to make sure it's the same one that you deleted. If it's a different account, sign in to it and cancel the subscription.

If it's the same account that you deleted, or you're unable to sign in to the account or you don't recognize it, you'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

I attempted to write an email to SALES to see if they would assist me, but all I received back was the procedure to log into the account and work from there.

The Sales team can't help with Support or account related issues. They are purely a Sales team.

dcas301349
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Rich, thank you for your response, but I am still having the same issue.  When I attempt to do the credit card lookup I have my bank statement and my credit card directly in front of me.  I enter the 12 digit transaction ID from my bank statement C8XLSBN1MMZZ.  I then enter the last four digits from my credit card and the expiration date on the card 09/28.  The next thing that pops up is "Please enter the expiration date and last four digits of the credit card."  

I have no idea where to go from here.  I have attempted this multiple times with the same result.  I am wondering, could the Transaction ID on my  bank statement be incorrect?  My credit card has to be correct because I have been charged every month since requesting the deletion of the Dropbox account.  If the wrong account were deleted, then why can I not follow the credit card look up procedure and find the correct account, I am using the information that is being provided to me by Dropbox? 

I hope you or one of the other Community members can shed some light on this dilemma.  

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @dcas301349 - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Would it be OK with you if we reached out via email to have a further look internally? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

dcas301349
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Absolutely.  I would be happy to work with you to get this issue resolved.

Thanks,

Dale

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @dcas301349, I just sent you an email! 

I'll be happy to see you there! 😀

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

jbrion1961
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have a charge on my debit card and have no idea why but I can't even access any help bbut the bot and that is no help.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jbrion1961 New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    dcas301349 Explorer | Level 4
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?