cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I already unsubscribed but got charged. I need a refund.

I already unsubscribed but got charged. I need a refund.

New member | Level 2

Hello,

I managed to cancel by subscription to which I subscribed for a yearly membership but now I want a refund because I don't use the service and I subscribed by accident. Please help! This has been super frustrating! Could I email or call someone? 

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II

@1874988 wrote:

... I want a refund because I don't use the service and I subscribed by accident.

You can try contacting Support, but in most cases, payments for Dropbox subscriptions aren’t refundable.

To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

New member | Level 2

Thank you Rich for your quick reply. How about if I call Dropbox and speak to someone? I called about five times and could not find a way to speak to anyone. Could you help with speaking to someone by phone?

Rich
Super User II

@1874988 wrote:

How about if I call Dropbox and speak to someone? I called about five times and could not find a way to speak to anyone. Could you help with speaking to someone by phone?

Dropbox does not have incoming phone support. The only phone support available is for Business teams accounts, and it's handled via a callback initiated through the team's Admin console. There is no phone number to call.

Opening a ticket using the steps I listed above is the only way to contact Support for situations like this.

New member | Level 2

Hi Rich. Thank you for trying to help. I found it difficult to follow your steps. I visited the link without logging in and could not request a refund. It's a vicious cycle of links and steps to get a refund. Seems impossible. What about email correspondence? Is there an email address I could contact to get a refund? 

Rich
Super User II

@1874988 wrote:

I found it difficult to follow your steps. I visited the link without logging in and could not request a refund.

Billing Ticket.gif

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    1874988 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?