cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open a Bug Report Support ticket?

How to open a Bug Report Support ticket?

Geoff S.10
Helpful | Level 5

Where so I post this question?  I'm having a functional issue but cannot find any way to contact Dropbox support.  The page for that subject only allows me to post to an automated bot, or Ask the Community, and I'm not getting any response on that.  

Just because I have a free Dropbox account, am I somehow locked out of support for the product?  

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@Geoff S.10 wrote:

Just because I have a free Dropbox account, am I somehow locked out of support for the product?  

Basically, yes. Free accounts have access to the various self help options, such as the help center articles or the chat bot, or they can post questions here on the forums. Limited support can also be obtained from the help desk for account related matters (sign-in issues, etc.).

That said, the best place to submit a bug report, as a free or paid user, is here on the forums.

Geoff S.10
Helpful | Level 5

@Rich,

On the Support page, I do not see a Bug Report submission form.  I can only choose Chatbot or Community, as you say.

I assume Community=Forums, so now that my issue is posted (on a different thread), how do I get it actually submitted as a Bug Report?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Geoff S.10 Helpful | Level 5
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?