cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Dropbox without paying through Google Play

How to get Dropbox without paying through Google Play

Tshelor
Explorer | Level 4

Google play has double charged my dropbox for 6 months! Getting the run around!
How can I get dropbox without being attached to google play?

10 Replies 10

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Tshelor, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

You shouldn't have two separate payments for the same Dropbox account. Is it possible that you have a second email address on which there could be a Dropbox account?

Do you see any payments on this page on your current account?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Tshelor
Explorer | Level 4
One email, in google play subscriptions, I closed the fraud one, left the legit one, got a notice from dropbox sorry to see me go and an offer to stay, yet, my subscription to the legit dropbox was paid on 11/12 as usual. I have a ghost fraud collecting subscription it seems.

Tshelor
Explorer | Level 4
I sent screenshots of the google play subscriptions showing the double charges. Dropbox wants so much information to investigate it is overwhelming. I think Dropbox should be able to see my payments, duplicated, since stopping the 6 month fraud one impacted my long time dropbox.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

You've mentioned contacting the team, have you got a ticket ID in order to locate it on our system?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Tshelor
Explorer | Level 4

Tshelor
Explorer | Level 4
There may be 2 tickets out there. It is such a mess trying to get someone to look into the issue. I have an email paid receipt for my Dropbox for 11.99 paid on 11/11 and I get an email from Dropbox about payment could not be processed. There are 2 dropbox accounts under my 1 email and 1 account is fake/fraud whatever and has ruined my years old Dropbox account now.

Tshelor
Explorer | Level 4
This ticket is where I am being asked for a crazy amount of information that I think is not necessary if someone would just look into my account. Please help. Thank you.

https://www.dropbox.com/support/ticket/22931119

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Tshelor, thanks for these ticket numbers.

I can see that you've actually reached out to our support team multiple times about this.

Since your issue has to do with account specific info, for security reasons, there's not much we can do on our side, here on the Community.

I have, however, passed your comments along to the agent working on your case on ticket no. 22931119 and raised the priority of the case.

My suggestion is to keep working with this agent and provide all the requested info, so they can assist you further and resolve your issue.

Apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused and if you need anything else, please let us know.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Tshelor
Explorer | Level 4
The charges are for my 1 email. Getting my statements together for the charge numbers as the google play numbers and charges and screen shots are apparently not enough to search. The details requested were oarts of my credit card number, dates, zip, and the google play number.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Tshelor Explorer | Level 4
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?