cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: how to cancel an account that I don't have assess to?

How can I cancel a plan that I don't have access to?

Sylviajoy
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Community,

I need help here!! recently I found my credit card has been charged on a subscription fee for an old account that I haven't used for 5 years. the account was registered under my old working email, how can I cancel the plan as I left that company 5 years ago and I don't have assess to that email anymore. 

thank you.

3 Replies 3

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Sylviajoy! Hope you’re doing great. 

If I get this right, you don’t remember the password for that Dropbox account either or it has been changed since, correct? 

If that’s true, I’d like you to check your bank statement and let me know if you see a direct Dropbox charge or an in-app one (coming from Google Play/iTunes). 

For direct Dropbox charges, we can log a ticket for you and further assist via email. 

Let me know and we can go from there.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Sylviajoy
Explorer | Level 4

@Nancy Hi Nancy, thank you for your reply.  To be accurate, the account was registered under my working email and I left the company 5 years ago. so I have never used this account after I left and  I don't have assess to both the account and the email. however, the account is linked to my personal credit card, hence, I have been charged for an annual subscription fee of USD130 for 5 years. I got all the payment records on my credit card statements and I also managed to confirm the payments are all for my previous company account which I don't have assess to.

May I know how I can get this account cancelled and deleted asap to avoid further charges and how to can refund for the charges? Thank you.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Since we don’t have account visibility on the forum and you also can’t access the plan to cancel it, we’ll open a ticket for you next. 

Do you have access to this email address, so that we can reach you there directly?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?