cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haven't recieved email to confirm free trial cancellation

Haven't recieved email to confirm free trial cancellation

lcola
Explorer | Level 3

I recently signed up for the Dropbox Plus using the 1 month free trial. I decided that I wanted to cancel my subscription before the trial ended and so did this in advance. It says my cancellation was successful and my account is now a Dropbox basic account. However, I have not received the email from no-reply@dropbox.com to confirm the cancellation as mentioned in the Help Centre. My account still holds my card details although there is no mention of being billed and I cannot remove my details. I want to ensure I will not be charged on the date the trial was meant to end as I have canceled before the end date, but there is no support available to check this. 

Does anyone know how I can remove my card details to ensure I will not be billed, or who I can contact to help confirm this? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

As long as the account at www.dropbox.com/plan shows 'Basic' you wont be charged 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

lcola
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Mark, that's reassuring. However, it's a bit concerning that I can't remove my card details from my now basic account. Do you know how I can remove these? Thanks for the help.

Mark
Super User II

If I'm honest I'm not sure how to do so myself (or even if you can). Sorry 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    lcola Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?