cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Live Person To Reach By Phone for a refund?

No Live Person To Reach By Phone for a refund?

Mark10000
New member | Level 2

Why is it when you call this company all you get is a recording to go their website? Just a big runaround going in circles? This company stole $319 out of my account! I did not sign up for this service! This company is a criminal organization. I've been reading on line how they have done this to countless others! I filled out the form on line for refunds and of course no response. What am I supposed to do to get my money back?!?

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox has live support for paying users which you can access at www.dropbox.com/support. If you are calling a number for Dropbox please note its likely to be a fake one (so be careful of costs) as Dropbox phone support numbers are not public. 

What I'd say in terms of the charge on your card is how did they get the card details? If YOU didn't give them it somebody else has. Thats the ONLY way they can charge you. And if that's the case the issue isn't with Dropbox its your card companies - you need to call them to report fraud. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Mark10000
New member | Level 2

I went to their website to and started to sign up a month ago and when I saw they were trying to charge me $300 and that this was a rip off company I didn't complete the form and didn't put in my credit card information. What kind of company doesn't have a phone number? An illegitimate, shady, criminal company, that's what kind of company. 

Mark
Super User II

@Mark10000 wrote:

What kind of company doesn't have a phone number? An illegitimate, shady, criminal company, that's what kind of company. 

Or the majority or online tech companies. Google, Facebook, Instagram, Hotmail etc. 

As I said - the only way Dropbox can get access to card details is by somebody giving them to them. So, if your plan at www.dropbox.com/account/plan shows anything other than 'Basic' you have done that and you need to follow the Refund links. If you DIDNT then you need to speak to your card company. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Mark10000
New member | Level 2

You don't PAY to use Google, Facebook, Instagram, Hotmail. So stupid. Already contacted my bank and they didn't give them Dropbox my card information. Equally stupid to suggest they would. I already followed the refund links and filled out the information and nothing. I already explained that. Is there someone on here who can actually help? You're not helping and just being an ignorant irritant. 

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox support is only available Monday through Friday. 

You wont get a reply back before then and it takes at least a few days. 

Rich
Super User II

@Mark10000 wrote:

Already contacted my bank and they didn't give them Dropbox my card information. Equally stupid to suggest they would.

It wasn't suggested that your bank gave the information to Dropbox. What was being implied was that if you didn't provide Dropbox with your billing information, then someone else has, meaning your card was likely compromised and you should be reporting it to your card company.

You can also use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the account that you're being charged for.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Mark Super User II
    Mark10000 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?