cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Plan (Dropbox Advanced and Dropbox Business Plus)

Has the name of Advanced Business changed to Business Plus, or are these two separate plans?

Mark 2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi everybody,

Currently my company is using Dropbox Advanced.

I created a Trial account to test some new features and noticed that the name Dropbox Advanced was no longer there, but instead was Dropbox Business Plus.

I access the link: https://help.dropbox.com/plans/what-dropbox-plan-do-i-have to see updates about Plans, but I can only see information about Advanced. As for the Business Plus link, when I opened it, a Dropbox - 404 error occurred.

Plans.png

businessplus-link.png

businessadvanced-link.png

   

Please tell me about the details of this change, has the name Advanced changed to Business Plus? Or are these two separate Plans with different features?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Mark 2, thank you for reaching out.

I'm sorry for my lengthy response, I just wanted to cover everything. 

Dropbox Advanced, is exactly what the Help Center describes.  

Now as for Dropbox Business Plus, it is a plan for large teams and companies who need to efficiently give and receive feedback on projects, collaborate remotely, and deliver content both internally and externally.

Some of the features included are: Storage per license. Starting from 15 TB of total storage space, shared among the entire team (5 TB per actively used license with a 3 license minimum).

An actively used license is when a unique person regularly logs in and uses Dropbox. Each actively used license adds 5 TB to the total storage space, up to a limit of 1,000 TB.

Data classification. Automatically track and report on personal information stored in team folders, team member folders, and shared folders.
Extended version history. 

Unlimited eSignature templates, and much more. 

To see a full list of features and purchase the Dropbox Business Plus plan, visit the main purchase page.

I hope that clarifies!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Mark 2, thank you for reaching out.

I'm sorry for my lengthy response, I just wanted to cover everything. 

Dropbox Advanced, is exactly what the Help Center describes.  

Now as for Dropbox Business Plus, it is a plan for large teams and companies who need to efficiently give and receive feedback on projects, collaborate remotely, and deliver content both internally and externally.

Some of the features included are: Storage per license. Starting from 15 TB of total storage space, shared among the entire team (5 TB per actively used license with a 3 license minimum).

An actively used license is when a unique person regularly logs in and uses Dropbox. Each actively used license adds 5 TB to the total storage space, up to a limit of 1,000 TB.

Data classification. Automatically track and report on personal information stored in team folders, team member folders, and shared folders.
Extended version history. 

Unlimited eSignature templates, and much more. 

To see a full list of features and purchase the Dropbox Business Plus plan, visit the main purchase page.

I hope that clarifies!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Windo
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Megan, 
I have complete Confusion.
You currently offer 8 different Plans.

4 of them on https://www.dropbox.com/plans/storage

and 4 of them on https://www.dropbox.com/business

So Standard & Business are 12
Advanced & Business plus are 18€
But
For Storage Plans I can see an extended feature list with blue Checkboxes.
For "Business" Plans I have no clue whats inside (besides the little description).

Thats so confusing and frustrating, as I had a phone call with 2 of your support members and no one could explain me what the differnece is (besides the features I can read in the short description). 
Does Business Plus offer 100% same feature list as Advanced? Plus signature and stuff...?
But who is then going to buy Advanced if it has obviously less functionality but is the same price??

Can you please explain this. its an absolut Mess what Dropbox is doing here!!

Rich
Super User II

@Windo wrote:

For Storage Plans I can see an extended feature list with blue Checkboxes.
For "Business" Plans I have no clue whats inside (besides the little description).

NB141
Collaborator | Level 8

@Windo ... I agree the Plans are in a real mess at the moment ....Not only have you got the the two links that you have mentioned,  there are three more hidden away for personal use.... Family and Basic and Basic Extra

As @Rich highlighted below, is this the official link, if so why haven't the others deleted ?https://www.dropbox.com/plans 

@Megan Can we have some clarity on what is going on please? ... many thanks..

4 x https://www.dropbox.com/plans/storage

4x  https://www.dropbox.com/business

1x Dropbox Family plan – Dropbox

1x Solved: How to upgrade to the Dropbox Basic Extra plan? - Dropbox Community (dropboxforum.com)

1x Dropbox Basic (free account) - Dropbox

Rich
Super User II

@NB141 wrote:

As @Rich highlighted below, is this the official link ? if so why haven't the others deleted ?

The main link is the one I provided.

That link shows a comparison of the various full-featured plans that are available. If you just need storage without the added features like document signatures or content recording, then you can compare the various storage-only plans at this link.

The other links you included are like marketing pages, showcasing features for specific plans, and don't provide an overall comparison.

All of the links are valid and official.

NB141
Collaborator | Level 8

@Rich Thanks for the reply .... I get what you're saying but I can't help feeling there must be an easier way ... Why not have all the business plans (Storage/Extra Features) on the one compare page with Personal and Professional plans on another. Comparing Plus with Advance Business on the same link doesn't make sense to me.   

I recommended to a friend the Family Plan .... Where is that plan listed 😞 .. Unless you know of it and use Google its tricky to find.... Not to mention Basic Extra which is almost invisible .

If we're having this discussion something isn't right ... Keep it simple 

Windo
Helpful | Level 5

Both of your links leading to the same page.

And its not answering my question at all.

I want to know why there is an "Advanced" plan and "Business Plan" and whats the difference and why they have the same price. that a very simple thing to solve one could think.

Its a huge mess what Dropbox is doing here, after many bugs I am experiencing the last days...

Its really sad that they went from a reliable partner who were advance oneDrive or Gdrive to the same messy company as the others are.

Windo
Helpful | Level 5

haha omg. so now there is another url leading to another comparison....

https://www.dropbox.com/en_GB/business/plans-comparison

at least its available. but you wont find it, just got it from support....

incredible....

Windo
Helpful | Level 5

from what I see now, is that "Advanced" and "Business Plus" are 99% identical.

The only thing I could spot is the "Transfer files up to 250 GB" which is only 100GB in Advanced. Maybe someone can also double check that.

Need more support?