cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted Account but not cancelled subscription

Deleted Account but not cancelled subscription

Sonia1981
New member | Level 2

Hi all, I hope someone can help me..almost 18 months ago I had notification to advise that my Dropbox account hadn't been used for 2 years. I tried to find the cancel subscription but couldn't and ended up deleting my account assuming that any subscriptions would be cancelled as a result. My credit card  is on automated payment (i don't spend much on it)and I didn't realise that I have still been paying the subscription fee up until a couple of months ago. I have emailed and called dropbox but have been going around in circles. I have also contacted my credit card company to stop the payments but they are still being collected. From other posts here I think I'm right in thinking that I can't undo the deletion, however when I click on a link from an old email dropbox has sent me, I can still access a page that has my name and email address details..there is no info on the subscriptions page and there is an option to upgrade my account. (It currently shows I am subscribed to a free account). Does anyone know how I can cancel my subscription? Any help appreciated 🙂

2 Replies 2

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @Sonia1981, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Can you please clarify if you had upgraded your account via the website directly or if it was through the app store on a mobile device?

If it's the former one, have you tried our self served look up tool to identify the email address that's associated with the charges you mentioned?

Also, note that if you'd like to reach out to our support team about this, you''d need to use this form through an incognito window without logging into any Dropbox account and filling in all the relevant information and an email address we can reach you at. 

In any case, please keep me posted, Sonia. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Sonia1981
New member | Level 2

I would have done it online.

Thanks, I will use the look up tool to double check that the email address I think is associated is actually correct. I may have made a mistake. I already submitted a form to reach out the support team yesterday too. I'll give it a couple of days and wait for response. Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it @Walter  🙂 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Sonia1981 New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?