cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant find my paid account anymore

Being billed for Plus but it says Basic.

MeganLittle
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi, I am currently being billed for Plus and have done so for years but now Dropbox says I am on the Basic plan which doesn't make any sense. It might be because a few months ago someone from another company shared a folder with me but somehow I got added to their company Dropbox. They recently rectified that and removed me from their company Dropbox. Please can someone urgently prioritise fixing this as I need to use my Dropbox and it says it is full. I have logged a query on with your support. Thanks Megan

45 Replies 45

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @aceofspades, I just sent you an email, I'll see you there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

aceofspades
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
I received your email and I responded and have been waiting for your updated response.

escapium
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

First of all, terrible service if you want to speak with the support team. No options at all, and the chatbot is not forwarding the question/problem to an agent. This is something what you should change, especially if you are a paying customer.

We are having an (paid) account, but the website is not recognizing the email matching to the account.
I do not want to provide the details in here, so how are you going to help me?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @escapium, let's have a look!

Is it possible that you upgraded a different account than the one you're looking at?

Have you tried using our self-serve look-up tool, in order to locate the Dropbox account linked to the charge, and identify if it's a different one?

Did you upgrade via the Dropbox site directly, or on the mobile app?

Keep me posted!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Pinkrunners
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Hi

Im hoping someone can help me. In april this year i signed up for dropbox plus and a significant amount of photos and videos of our new baby. 2 weeks ago my phone was sent back to the.manufacturer due to a software fault. I checked before the phone was sent back and all my photos were backed up. When i received the phone back all my photos were gone and my dropbox account is saying i have dropbox basic not dropbox plus. I pay the subscription through the google play store so not sure who to contact about this. Wondering if anyone had any advice

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Pinkrunners, welcome to our Community!

Is it possible that you signed into a different account than the one you had upgraded before?

If I were you, I'd use our self-serve look-up tool, in order to have a clear idea which account is linked to the charge.

It is possible that you might not be able to locate the charge, since it was made from Google, but no worries, this is why we are here. 

Give it a go, and let me know what you find.

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Pinkrunners
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Im not sure as i may have a second account but its linked to an old email address that i dont have access to
Is there any way of finding out what account is linked to the payment. I pay via the google play store

Pinkrunners
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Or can you check if the email address i am thinking of has an account attached to it. If it doesnt then it relates to my current dropbox account

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Pinkrunners, can I send you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Pinkrunners
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Yes please do
Need more support?