cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being billed for Plus but it says Basic.

Being billed for Plus but it says Basic.

MeganLittle
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi, I am currently being billed for Plus and have done so for years but now Dropbox says I am on the Basic plan which doesn't make any sense. It might be because a few months ago someone from another company shared a folder with me but somehow I got added to their company Dropbox. They recently rectified that and removed me from their company Dropbox. Please can someone urgently prioritise fixing this as I need to use my Dropbox and it says it is full. I have logged a query on with your support. Thanks Megan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @MeganLittle, how are you today?

Is it possible that you upgraded a different account than the one you're looking at? 

Have you tried using our self-serve look-up tool, in order to locate the Dropbox account linked to the charge, and identify if it's a different one?

Feel free to also let me know your ticket number, in order for me to locate in on our system. 

Keep me posted! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

45 Replies 45

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @MeganLittle, how are you today?

Is it possible that you upgraded a different account than the one you're looking at? 

Have you tried using our self-serve look-up tool, in order to locate the Dropbox account linked to the charge, and identify if it's a different one?

Feel free to also let me know your ticket number, in order for me to locate in on our system. 

Keep me posted! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

MeganLittle
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Amazing that is super helpful and was exactly what was happening! I had an old colleague who had left our company and I was still paying for their Dropbox! Will order my own account now

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Awesome news @MeganLittle

If you need anything else, I am always here for you. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Cyan Distribution
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I hop someone can help. I had been chatting to an online chat person from Dropbox who proved very unhelpful and snappy at me. I have an account that says 'Basic' but the invoices say 'Plus' and it is £9.99 month?! So how can it be basic but were paying for Plus? I also want to change my card details in which we are paying but this is proving so difficult. There is not one section that helps you with it, it is not straight forward at all. I asked on the live chat and he was no help at all either. 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Cyan Distribution wrote:

So how can it be basic but were paying for Plus?

You likely have more than one account. Use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the account you're paying for.

I also want to change my card details in which we are paying but this is proving so difficult. There is not one section that helps you with it, it is not straight forward at all.

If your account shows as Basic, you wouldn't have the billing options available to you since Basic is a free plan.

I asked on the live chat and he was no help at all either. 

If you opened the Sales chat, they can't do much with existing accounts. They're only a Sales channel, and the chat on the Support page for Basic accounts is a bot.

If you have a billing issue you need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Cyan Distribution, welcome to our Community!

Do you remember perhaps whether you upgraded your account directly from the Dropbox website or via Google Play/iTunes?

Also, can you please clarify if you have two Dropbox accounts linked to two different emails? If you have the transaction ID that is linked to your charges, you can also take a look here.

As for updating your billing info, you'd need to access the account first, then follow these steps, provided the account was upgraded directly through Dropbox.

Keep me posted for any updates! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Cyan Distribution
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

We have one account with one email address (log in) so i am unsure why it is confusing. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Cyan Distribution, can you also let me know the rest of the info, please?

Such as how did you upgrade, and if you got any results when searching for the charge? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

faber security
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have to change my credit card information but DropBox will not allow me to complete this task, and I showing Basic Dropbox and paying for Plus ?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    juin New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Pinkrunners Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?