cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've paid for Plus but not showing on my account

Being billed for Plus but it says Basic.

MeganLittle
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi, I am currently being billed for Plus and have done so for years but now Dropbox says I am on the Basic plan which doesn't make any sense. It might be because a few months ago someone from another company shared a folder with me but somehow I got added to their company Dropbox. They recently rectified that and removed me from their company Dropbox. Please can someone urgently prioritise fixing this as I need to use my Dropbox and it says it is full. I have logged a query on with your support. Thanks Megan

45 Replies 45

me-123
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I paid $119.88 for Dropbox plus on 5/26/2023 which should be good till 5/26/2024 according to the invoice I got from Dropbox on the day I paid. However, when I logged on today, it shows I only have 2 Gb. It treats me as if I am a brand new customer. It also does not show any billing info even though I have been a customer for more than 10 years. I had lots of files in my Dropbox and none of them is showing up.  What should I do to get this fixed?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @me-123, thanks for reaching out to our Community.

From what you described in your post, it would appear that you've most likely signed into a different or new Dropbox account, instead of your paid account.

Can you check the email address of your paid account and compare it to the one you used to sign in now, to see if they're different?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

AEF
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thank you for your reply. However, but I've already checked the other account (which I don't use) - it's Basic, no charges associated with it. Also it doesn't explain that the one I'm using shows I have 2TBs of storage and I used to be able to sync unlimited devices. But now it says it's Basic, but still have the 2TB (associated with Pro), but no details of my billing (even though I'm still paying monthly). So, it cannot be a case - I don't think - that the membership is simply associated with another account (as I'm not sure how I would still have 2TBs of storage, not why it would change when it used to be all working fine).  

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @AEF, I can see that you're in direct communication with the team through your open ticket so I'd suggest getting back to them there so that they can assist further at this point. 

My colleague handling your case should be getting back to you soon, but please let us know if you have anything else to add in the meantime. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

AEF
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thank you, yes I have replied to her email - so I am hoping we can get it sorted.  Thanks very much for your help. 

aceofspades
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I paid for Dropbox via the Google Play. I paid for the annual Plus plan for $119.99, which was deducted from my account in July, yet my account does not show I am Plus. It continues to show I am basic. I can provide the Google Play order number, etc. I need help. This experience is upsetting because Dropbox has chats for sales but not issues. 

I went through a sequence of steps to resolve with Google—uninstalling and reinstalling Dropbox; uninstalling Google Play Store updates, and clearing cache. Nothing worked. This is three months money was taken from my account for a service I do NOT have. 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@aceofspades wrote:

I paid for Dropbox via the Google Play. I paid for the annual Plus plan for $119.99, which was deducted from my account in July, yet my account does not show I am Plus.

Could you have more than one Dropbox account? That's often the case when someone upgrades, and they've found that they've upgraded the wrong account, or created a new account instead of upgrading the existing one. Does your Dropbox account use the same email address as your Google Play account?

aceofspades
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thank you for your response. 

I only have one dropbox account. The same account applies to my google account.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @aceofspades, welcome to our Community! 

Can I send you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this?

Keep me posted!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

aceofspades
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Yes. Please do.

Need more support?