cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be a dropbox premium user for more than 10 years, but very disappointed this time...

Be a dropbox premium user for more than 10 years, but very disappointed this time...

beraken
Explorer | Level 4

Couple of weeks ago I planned to subscribe the family plan via App Store share it with my family, but clicked the wrong button and subscrbed the plus plan for single user. Then I applied for a refund and Apple returned it to me. At this time, my dropbox plan is still Plus, however I decided to resubscribe the family plan before the plus plan expires in order to avoid I forgot to resubscribe and my  dropbox plan turned basic. So I used my App Store credit to subscribe the family plan before the plus plan expires, my credit was deducted and I received an invoice from App in my email account as the screenshot  shows.

[removed]

After the plus plan expires, the nightmare begins. My plans turns basic, and my App Store account in iOS settings shows I am still subscribing the plan as the screenshot shows .

[removed]

Then I opened the dropbox app and click upgrade to plus, it shows this 

[removed]

The funny things from beginning to end, I have only one dropbox account on all my devices. How come there is another account which was paid by Apple ID. I emailed Cusomter Support and they just replied this, just every beginners knows:

I can see on my system your Dropbox Plus subscription is now a Dropbox Basic Free Subscription. 

You now do not have a paid subscription so you can either upgrade from the App Store or pay via PayPal or card by following these next steps: 

1. Log in to dropbox.com with your email [removed] and normal password.
  2. Click your avatar (profile picture or initials) in the top-right corner.
  3. Click Manage account.
  4. Click Upgrade Plan. If Dropbox Family appears as an option, you can upgrade from here.
  5. Click Family plan.
  6. Click Continue.

Please help me fix this issue. My money for family plan was just like being dumped!

[personal information removed per the Community's Guidelines]

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@beraken wrote:

I emailed Cusomter Support and they just replied this ...

Only Support will be able to assist you with this. Billing and account issues cannot be handled on this public forum. As such, I've removed the screenshots from your post so you're not giving away any personal information.

To contact Dropbox Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

If you're unable to get the issue resolved, reply here with your ticket number and a Dropboxer can check your ticket status.

chris_dbx
Dropbox Engineer

Hi! Just wanted to close the loop here, we took a closer look and were able to resolve the issue on the backend. Your account should now be upgraded to Family as expected. Thank you for your patience here!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

chris_dbx Dropbox Engineer
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?