cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Dropbox files showing, when trying to attach them to my email on my iPhone 14

No Dropbox files showing, when trying to attach them to my email on my iPhone 14

Mikecos
Explorer | Level 3

Since upgrading my iphone to 14 when I try and attach a file from Dropbox to either an outlook or gmail message it shows the icon but the folder is empty even though I have full access via the Dropbox app. This was working fine previously on my old phone

9 Replies 9

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Mikecos, welcome to our Community! 

Would you be able to walk me through the exact steps you follow, when trying to attach a Dropbox-related file on either Outlook or Gmail? 

Do you use our Dropbox for Gmail add-on?

In the meantime, can you download the files you'd like to attach in your email from our website locally to the device, and attach them from there?

When you want to attach files, what exactly happens? A screenshot of this would be greatly appreciated in your next reply.

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Mikecos
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Megan
I start a new email, click on the attach icon and select Dropbox from the files menu. The folder is empty. Ive got Dropbox on the phone and can select a file and create an email to share it but not the other way round

Mikecos
Explorer | Level 3
I also can’t now save an attachment in an email to Dropbox. Message that unexpected error has occurred

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Mikecos, thanks for the speedy reply and heads up! 

Does the system meet the minimum requirements for the Outlook integration according to this page?

Also, are there any proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even ISP/router settings that could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains?

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Mikecos
Explorer | Level 3

I now cant save a new Word document in my Dropbox on my Mac.  Signed in but told Business users cant access MS -whats going on!

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hope it’s OK to jump in, @Mikecos. Can you send me a full screenshot of what you see on your computer now? 

Are you just having trouble with Word documents, or Excel sheets/PowerPoint slides, too?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Mikecos
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Nancy,

If I try to create any new document using office tools i cant access the save or save as function. I should now mention I cant access my office 365 account as the Authenticator app hasn't transferred properly to my new phone so clearly this is the root cause.  As a result I cant set up alternative 2 factor authentication using my email or phone

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Oh, I see. Have you reached out to Microsoft about this, so that they can further help?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Mikecos
Explorer | Level 3
Trying now
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mikecos Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?