cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team folders in Power Automate have stopped working after 20/04/2024 upgrade

Team folders in Power Automate have stopped working after 20/04/2024 upgrade

dstaines
Explorer | Level 4

Since the upgrade to Dropbox on the 20/04/2024 we have encountered a number of issues with apps and programs that utilise Dropbox. Rather than confusing the issue, the first of these relates to Microsoft power automate. The team Dropbox folders that are shared with me and monitored by this program have now disappeared. The only Dropbox folders I can see our my specific folders, and not those that I have access to as part of a team. In my DBL Dropbox desktop folder I have my profile folder and then I have access to all the team folders that I am part of. I can access these on my desktop and online without an issue. The problem I have is that if I am trying to access these team folders through any other software, they are not visible following the upgrade on 20 April? This is causing major issues and I assume that there is a setting that needs to be changed for me and my colleagues?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

14 Replies 14

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @dstaines, and welcome to our forum!

First off, can you clarify what type of Dropbox upgrade you had on the 04/20? Did you upgrade your Dropbox account to Business perhaps or did you have another type of update? If the latter, and you’ve received an email about it, can you attach a screenshot of it here? 

Other than that, I’d like two more screenshots; one of what you see in your local Dropbox folder (feel free to mask any filenames with sensitive info), and one more of what you see when opening the third-party app(s). 

Ping me when you’re ready.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

dstaines
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Nancy,

Sorry, I probably used the wrong term with upgrade. There was a Dropbox update rolled out that weekend, which made some significant changes. This was automatic and not an 'Upgrade'. Since then, we have come across more and more issues like this. I have attached a screenshot from my desktop which shows my personal folder and the team folders have been highlighted in yellow. When I try to create a flow in power automate, it automatically shows the folders in my personal folder and not the team folders?screen shot - desktop (1).jpgScreen shot - powerautomate.jpg

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for updating me here, @dstaines

In your second screenshot, I see a filepath Dropbox > Dropbox, and the first one seems to be a hyperlink. If you click on it, are you able to select your team folders perhaps?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

dstaines
Explorer | Level 4

Unfortunately not, the first Dropbox just goes into the second Dropbox showing my personal folders only

dstaines_0-1714486980175.jpgdstaines_1-1714487015190.jpg

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hmm, I see. In this case, can you check your Dropbox email address and let me know if you received any email about this Dropbox update there? 

If yes, I’d like you to send me a screenshot of it as well (while masking your email address), so that I can double check what else we can do.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Janansas
New member | Level 2

Same issue here. 

Here is what they wrote (german dropbox though)

https://help.dropbox.com/de-de/plans/upcoming-business-team-changes#beforechecklist

dstaines
Explorer | Level 4

Not sure that there is much you can do. received the response from support, which interprets as it is not Dropbox's problem, everyone who links in some way will have to update their integrations! Seems to suggest that they have tried to get developers to do this, but not managed to get the biggest, Microsoft, to do this! 😞

I have attached the screenshot of the update email Update email.JPGand this is the Dropbox Support response:-

Murphey, Apr 30, 2024, 8:12 AM PDT:

Thanks for contacting Dropbox Support. My name is Murphey and I'll be assisting you today.

Based on the description provided, I understand that you are experiencing an issue with third-party applications.

With the file system update, folder locations change slightly. If simply reconnecting these apps isn't enough to restore functionality, we recommend reaching out to the developer of these third party apps. They should be able to assist with setting up the apps again or modifying the settings of existing apps so they function as before.

The third party app developer can find everything they need to update their app here https://www.dropbox.com/developers/reference/namespace-guide, and are welcome to reach out our developer support.

If the apps haven't yet been updated by their developers, any automations or actions previously working will be redirected to a folder in the personal folder instead of the team space. This means a new folder is created by the third party integration which will need to be re-shared. When the new shared folder has been added, they would need to update the folder location in the integrations’ settings.  

We have been proactively reaching out to the third party app developers to inform them of the updates. Please also be sure to reach out to the application developer with the provided link so they are aware that this upgrade from them would be helpful. 

Feel free to let me know if you have other questions or need further assistance, and I would be delighted to look into it right away.

bry982
New member | Level 2

I am having the same issue with the "List files in Folder" function as it cannot see my Team folder that I have access to. It will only show my root folder. 

I found that when calling the API directly, there is the ability to specify the header, "Dropbox-Api-Path-Root", to my Team folder. However, there doesn't appear to be anyway to specify this in the Power Automate connector for Dropbox. Will this ever be fixed?

Power Automate Connector:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/dropbox/

Dropbox API Documentation:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/reference/path-root-header-modes

Rich
Super User II

@bry982 wrote:

However, there doesn't appear to be anyway to specify this in the Power Automate connector for Dropbox. Will this ever be fixed?

That's something that you would need to ask Microsoft, though they specify on the page you linked that they do not support Team folders.

70a186705513c54e0e5ca1acbfbb341e.png

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    admin123 Explorer | Level 4
    dstaines Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?