cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline files issue on MacOS 14.3 when I try to import them on Premier Pro.

Offline files issue on MacOS 14.3 when I try to import them on Premier Pro.

ghetis
Explorer | Level 3

Hi everyone,

I have an issue on downloading files on dropbox, I have a team dropbox storage where I need to switch folders to offline to online when I'm no longer working on.

Recently I set offline some folders to start making a video on Premiere Pro, I have the green check on my files.

Capture d’écran 2024-02-05 à 22.33.55.png

But when I import into Premiere it seems the file is no longer on my local disk.

Capture d’écran 2024-02-05 à 22.34.28.jpg

(french premiere pro)

Does anyone have a clue why my offline files aren't working properly? 
Thank you all!

7 Replies 7

ghetis
Explorer | Level 3

Okay so funny update about the Premiere Pro use, if I import files through the adobe media explorer (this one)

Capture d’écran 2024-02-05 à 23.14.30.jpg

 It works, I have no issues importing my files. Maybe an issue between dropbox and apple finder ? 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @ghetis, let's see what we can find together! 

What steps did you follow when trying to import content in the first screenshot? 

Does this happen with a specific file, or all of them? Also, if you momentarily pause the Dropbox app, and then try to import your content, do you have any luck then? 

Let me know, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ghetis
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Megan,

I did many tries.

So the first file, he was first Online. I turned it offline so I can have it on my computer. Then I directly dragged it into the Import Area of premiere pro. But it didn't worked.

I did the same on various files, and it mostly didn't work either except on some I downloaded 3 days before. (I by the way reinstalled the dropbox app since)

But on my second screenshot (this time it worked on all my files), I imported into Premiere Pro the same file that failed by using the directory explorer directly in app instead of Finder.

Hope you have all the informations you need!

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @ghetis, thanks for the added info! 

What about pausing the Dropbox app or even quitting it? 

Does that work at all?

Megan
dropbox.com/support

ghetis
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Megan,

No it still doesn't work 😞

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @ghetis! If the issue persists, while the Dropbox app is closed, then it may not be the one causing this.

Out of curiosity, if you try to do the same thing with other files on your computer (outside of the local Dropbox folder), are you having any trouble? 

Finally, I’d like you to resume the Dropbox app’s syncing and let me know what’s its syncing status and app version. 

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

fishpaste
Helpful | Level 5

I have the same problems with Premiere and Dropbox. If I open up a project that has a file in it that is online-only it shows the error, "The importer reported a generic error." That makes sense since the file isn't downloaded. Now after that I can download that file and all the files to make them available offline so the are locally synced. If I try to open up the project again it still gives the same error even though the file is downloaded. It's like Premiere remembers the file was online-only. The only way around it was to change the file name or path to a new location. Only then will Premiere allow me to import or link the file.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

fishpaste Helpful | Level 5
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    ghetis Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?