cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Integration with iOs Files app dropping out

Integration with iOs Files app dropping out

Dmkiz
Explorer | Level 4

I am running an iPad Pro (3rd generation) with iOs 15.1, but I had the same problem with previous versions of iOs as well. I have two issues.

First, I have tried a number of times to add Dropbox folders as "Favourites" in the side bar. It works when I add them, but then later they just disappear.

Second, when trying to access my Dropbox files through the iOs Files app, the connection seems to periodically drop out. It works fine most of the time, but often I will try to load it and it just shows me a blank screen. I then have to leave it sitting there for about 10 minutes and eventually it reloads and takes me back to the home Dropbox folder. But during that time if I try to access Dropbox through the Files app it just doesn't load. Below is a screenshot of me trying to access Dropbox:

IMG_0085.PNG

66 Replies 66

bsullens
Helpful | Level 5

By the way, the problem has already occurred three times during the last 30 minutes of this current grading run. Quite frustrating and detrimental to my ability to get my work done in a reasonable amount of time.

EDIT: Side note, it just happened again, so I went to the Settings app to turn off Wifi for a few minutes. Before doing so, I nosed around the General tab and noticed I had an update pending. I doubt it will have much effect, but I wanted to let you know that by the time you read this post, I will be running 15.3.1.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the additional details @bsullens

As a last thing to try, could you restart your iPad, clear the app's cache and then disable Dropbox as a location within the Files app and re-enabling it anew?

If the issue persists, I'll send you an email to investigate further. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

MissPaulette
Helpful | Level 6
I am having the exact same problem on my iPhone 11 iOS ver 15.4.1 and have been having it for about a year. I have uninstalled and reinstalled countless times, rebooted often, cleared my cashe often. I’m very frustrated. Please help.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @MissPaulette, thanks for the nudge here and sorry to see you're having trouble. 

Would you mind giving some details about the issue you're having?

Have you also checked this article with info on how to use Dropbox through your Files app to make sure everything's okay on your end?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

MissPaulette
Helpful | Level 6
After I login to Dropbox from my iPhone 11 I go to the iOS Files folder and browse to my Dropbox files. A short time after that the Dropbox disconnects and I can’t open any files, I just get the little spinny thing. After 10 minutes or more I can then again browse to my files until it disconnects again. As stated above I have reinstalled the Dropbox app countless times, rebooted over and over again, cleared my cashe again and again (can you tell I’m in It? ☺️).

CeeViewer
Explorer | Level 4

I’ve been having the same issues. I use Numbers spreadsheet and save files in Dropbox. Initially I never had issues but over the last year or so the program will suddenly freeze or I cannot access Dropbox at all (other clouds are fine). This happens both with iPhone and iPad. Laptop seems ok, but I use my iPad at work.

I did notice a message not that long ago stating that Dropbox may no longer be compatible with new iOS updates. Is that true?

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey there, @MissPaulette & @CeeViewer, I hope you're doing well! 

Great job on the initial troubleshooting, it was on point, I can't lie. 

What version of the Dropbox app do you have installed on the devices that face this? 

One more thing you can try to do is disable Dropbox as a location within the Files app, and then re-enable it. Once you do that, keep me posted on any updates. 

Thank you!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

jonbader
Helpful | Level 6

Yes - I have the very same issue with Dropbox dropping out of connection through the files app on my IPad Pro 5th gen (IOS15.4.1). All I can say is that the previous contributors to this thread have described the problem accurately and I have nothing further to add except to add my voice to those that need to get this issue fixed as soon as possible as it is an annoying glitch that causes a significant impact on productivity on the iPad which on the whole is a great tool. It must be a APPLE/Dropbox protocol issue as the stand alone Dropbox app does not experience any dropouts - only through files.  

picheholiya
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the additional details

vidmate

mobdro

MissPaulette
Helpful | Level 6
My Dropbox app is version is 276.2.2, running on iOS ver 15.4.1 (and many previous versions since this problem started). I have disabled Dropbox many many times trying to resolve this.

Thank you for your assistance.
Need more support?