cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open Excel files with the Excel app through Dropbox on iPhone

Cannot open Excel files with the Excel app through Dropbox on iPhone

Mr Groovyblues
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I use the Dropbox app on my iphone. I used to be able to open excel files in excel by using “open with - excel”. But now it sends me to a screen saying Microsoft Integration wants permission. I hit the Allow button (the only other option available is “learn more”) and it just takes me back to the list of files in Dropbox. I can never get past that. I used to be able to open them from the Excel app as well, but not now. What has changed and what can I do?

29 Replies 29

Mr Groovyblues
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
A-ha!!! Thank you! I’m pleased (in an odd way) that its a real problem and not just me being stupid. I await developments.

Olli Su
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I ask Microsoft für this … They know the problem…. But a little workaround that helps…. Use Microsoft 365 (Office) App and it works… Word App to, But not the Excel App

Ronel2020
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I’m having the same problem. I have used my iPad Pro for working in excel docs for years (from dropbox) and now it is not working. Any progress on a solution for this?

Olli Su
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Use the Microsoft 365 IOS App

Mr Groovyblues
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
I have that app, butI cannot open existing excel files from DB. I can only Create new ones. How do I open existing?

Robot77
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Any progress on this issue? I've also experienced it for the last few weeks.

Thanks.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey all, thanks for your reports.

I just wanted to mention that due to a recent update from Microsoft, you'll need to ensure that only 1 Dropbox storage account is connected at a time on your mobile device in order for the integration to work properly.

We're actively working with Microsoft to improve the user experience with this integration.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Mr Groovyblues
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Thank you.
In the meantime I have worked out how to use the OFFICE 365 app which was suggested by a previous user.
Open the 365app, press on the top left corner (your icon) of the screen, a menu comes in, click the “storage accounts”, choose which dropbox you want and then which Excel sheet. It opens for editing in Excel.

Panda88
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
This helped me solve the issue:) thanks a lot for your help!

Ronel2020
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Using Office365 works for me as well. Thank you!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ronel2020 New member | Level 2
    Panda88 New member | Level 2
    Mr Groovyblues Helpful | Level 6
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    Robot77 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?