cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox attachment in gmail

'Can not upload the file' error when attaching from Dropbox to Gmail on Android

erlend w.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

When I try to add an attachment from dropbox to a mail in gmail, I receive a message in gmail "can not upload the file". This error occurs only on one smartphone with android 12. If I do the same , with the same dropbox and google account, on an other android phone (android 11 )or an android tablet, there is no problem. Both phones have the same app version of gmail

257 Replies 257

KathyMc4
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I'm surprised that you are not aware of this well-documented issue between Gmail and Dropbox. To answer your question, the problem happens with all file types (not just PDFs). There is a work around that is explained several times throughout this thread.

VickiBurbank
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

From email on your phone click on attach/paperclip, click hamburg on top left, don't click Dropbox but instead plus sign to the right of icon, checkmark files you want to attach then checkmark at the top right. Easy once you get used to it

VickiBurbank
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Since everyone knows there are issues, rather than presuming its NOT the current issue, why don't you just alleviate the stress and give them the work around right from the go. We are all paying for this services which is current not working correctly

Metro Condo
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Agree, but I am peppered as to why we don't have a single update from the company on when this will be fixed.

Has it even been formally acknowledged as an issue?

Spcookie
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am trying to figure out your workaround, what's a hamburger?  I am not tech savvy and getting more and more frustrated with this.  I cannot attavh a file, mostly adobe pdf files from my dropbox into an email in gmail.  I tested it by attaching a photo from dropbox and it works.  I have uninstalled both dropbox and adobe and nothing has helped.  I was going to head to the Verizon store and have them restore factory settings but based on the comments here it appears this is a dropbox/android issue.   I have a motorola maybe 1.5 years old.  I need to be able to use my phone for sending emails with attachments, time is of the essence in my business and work around using google drive is a pain in the butt.

Metro Condo
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Perplexed not peppered! 😯

Stevensimpson
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
The burgers they just refer to the 3 horizontal lines in the top left I believe. So when you are in email and click attach > burger (3 horizontal lines) > scroll to where you have drop box > click to to the right side of the dropbox link where there is a little triangle, instead of clicking on the word Dropbox or logo. That's what works for me

VickiBurbank
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
A hamburger is the menu options, usually 3 short horizontal lines in the top corner. I hear your frustration as I am a realtor and we have definitive time constraints as well.
Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions. Always happy to help out another non techie individual

Spcookie
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi, I dont see three horizontal lines.....I have the paperclip, the google drive arrow, that 's all I got

Spcookie
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

no horizontal lines, just paperclip, google drive arrow and three vertical dots which gives me the choices of schedule send, add from contacts, confidential mode, discard, settings, help&feedback     Thats it.

Need more support?