cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad Files app not showing Dropbox folders and how I managed to solve this.

iPad Files app not showing Dropbox folders and how I managed to solve this.

DaleC
Helpful | Level 6

In working with a new iPad, I discovered that the Files app was not correctly connecting with Dropbox. No Dropbox folders showed up either in the Files app or in any other app with an open feature that would normally have been able to access Dropbox files. Oddly, when I clicked “Dropbox” in the list, there were no folders but I could add a folder and that new folder showed up in Dropbox on other devices (and in the Dropbox app on the iPad)! So there was some connection but not much… This is not an issue I’m experiencing on any of my other Apple devices (Mac or iOS). In talking with Apple support they had me delete the Files app, reboot the iPad, then reinstall “Files.” I did that, but to no effect. They escalated me to a higher level of support but while I was waiting, I also deleted Dropbox and reinstalled it. That solved the problem!

So, if you can’t access your Dropbox folders and files in Files or in any of your other iPad apps, just delete and reinstall Dropbox—problem solved (at least for me, this time!)

4 Replies 4

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @DaleC, happy Monday! 

Thanks for sharing your troubleshooting steps, and also what helped you resolve your Files App and Dropbox integration. 

That could potentially help many users if they come across a similar case. 

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to give us a shout! 😎

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Dexbee
New member | Level 2

Thanks for the tip. It. Worked for me. 👍

kodriscoll
New member | Level 2

Thank you... that worked for me (deleting and reinstalling Dropbox) on a new iPhone 15.

pseuba
New member | Level 2
Had the same issue. Contacted Apple Support, and they let me know that it wasn’t them so I needed to contact Dropbox. Found this article just in time, thanks for posting this! All working now.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

pseuba New member | Level 2
    kodriscoll New member | Level 2
    Dexbee New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?