cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to get started with Dropbox Dash?

Want to get started with Dropbox Dash?

Amy
Community Manager
You might have heard us mentioning the new and fantastic Dash, and if not, you can learn about it here. But just so you know what’s going on, Dropbox Dash is AI-powered universal search that connects all of your tools, content, and apps in a single search bar. We want to make sure folks can sign up for the Dropbox Dash beta and try it out.

With that in mind, we chatted to our in house Dash expert James, and he shared how to make sure your set up is perfect first time around. The Dash extension is helpful when you use it on Chrome or Microsoft Edge, but some folks have been getting a little stuck here:

Add the Dash extension.png

I can’t add the Dash browser extension. How can I solve this?

If you’re seeing this screen and clicking ‘add extension’ isn’t working, it might be because you don’t have Chrome set as your default browser. This isn’t to say you can’t have multiple browsers in use on your computer, but to finish the installation you will need to:

• Ensure that Chrome is your default browser
  • Force quit the installation and restart the computer
  • Run installation again

Now you can set whatever you want as your default browser but whenever you use Chrome you will have access to Dash, and all of the very helpful AI abilities that come with it.

And if you need any help, you can head to dropbox.com/support/email and select Dropbox Dash from the dropdown menu. Let us know how you get on!
4 Replies 4

Emmet
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing this information, @Amy! And if anyone has any interest in discussing their experience with the Dropbox Dash beta, they should visit our Dropbox Dash Beta Group

Amy
Community Manager

Thanks @Emmet - I am loving Dash at the moment myself, mostly for helping me keep the tab madness to a minimum. 

Have you tried Dash yet? 

cyborg23
New member | Level 2

Amy, Does Dropbox dash create a separate index a copy of your data when you comment applications like google drive or does it just federate & aggregate search results across various sources? 

Graham
Community Manager

Hi @cyborg23,

Thanks for posting here on the Dropbox Community! Dash doesn't create a copy of all of your information, but it does cache some of the data to decrease latency and help get your search results back to you as quickly as possible. 

Have you been using Dash? I'd love to hear your initial thoughts on it and if there are any features that you find particularly helpful.

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Graham

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Graham Community Manager
    cyborg23 New member | Level 2
    Amy Community Manager
    Emmet Community Manager
What do Dropbox user levels mean?