cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox for Beginners

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tell us why you got started with Dropbox

Tell us why you got started with Dropbox

Graham
Community Manager
We really want to help make the start of your journey with Dropbox as simple and smooth as possible. To help us do this, we’d love to know why you started using Dropbox.

You might have been organizing your photos, or maybe you wanted to share files with your friends or family, or you could have been working on a shared file ‌for a project you’re involved in. Whatever the reason, we’d love to hear about it.

Let us know by leaving a comment below, we might even be able to help out with some tips and tricks to help get you moving in the right direction.

Illustration of files going into a boxIllustration of files going into a box

7 Replies 7

maher1982
Super User
I began using Dropbox under the guidance of our manager in our construction company. While it didn't necessitate a shift in our workflow, it did require a change in our routine. Initially, some team members -including me- were hesitant about the change, as we were accustomed to using traditional Windows shared files. However, our manager stressed the advantages of Dropbox for collaboration and file management.

What started as a managerial directive soon transformed into a fundamental aspect of our work process. With Dropbox, we no longer relied on cumbersome external hard drives for file backups; instead, everything was securely stored in the cloud. Collaborating on projects became more efficient, as we could access and edit files from anywhere, on any device.

Despite the initial reluctance, I now appreciate how Dropbox has revolutionized the way we work. It's not just a tool dictated by management; it's become an essential part of my daily routine, both for work and personal use. The convenience of accessing and sharing files via the Dropbox mobile app has made it indispensable, allowing me to stay productive and connected, no matter where I am.

Shirin Arnold
Dropbox Staff

@maher1982 this is great insight and thank you for sharing! 

I know the construction industry well and the challenges with adoption to technology as well as wanting to introduce new ways of doing things! Glad Dropbox was able to revolutionize the way you and the team works. 

Bewildered_Bobby
Helpful | Level 6

I just returned from an "Honor Flite" to Wash,  D.C. designed for older military vets to tour the many memorials open to the public. The many pix taken during the visit shd be shared with family, friends and other vets. Dropbox appears to be the "way to go".

Shirin Arnold
Dropbox Staff

Love that @Bewildered_Bobby ! If you also captured some videos on this amazing honorable trip, try out Dropbox Replay to share them with others who joined.

Bewildered_Bobby
Helpful | Level 6

Hi Shirin: WILL DO !!  Thanx for the great suggestion.

Bob

johnsonit
New member | Level 2

Hello Friends,

I am Johnson from KBS Technologies, and I’m delighted to be a part of this platform.

I bring expertise in AWS, DevOps, Azure, Data Science, Python, and Java.
I have come here to share my coding documents. 

Thanks

Graham
Community Manager

Hi @johnsonit,

Thanks for sharing and welcome to the Dropbox Community. It sounds like you've been making great use of your Dropbox account for sharing your documents and files. Did you know you can also use it when you need to collect files from others using File Request? Does this sound like something that would be useful to you?

Thanks again, and have a great Friday!

Graham

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Graham Community Manager
    johnsonit New member | Level 2
    Bewildered_Bobby Helpful | Level 6
    Shirin Arnold Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?