cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload option disappeared

Upload option disappeared

Norah2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

For a couple of months now we have been sharing sub folders with non-Dropbox users who have had the ability to upload files without issue.

For some reason, this has now changed and the presence of the upload button has now dissappeared from their view. Instead they only have the ability to Sign In or 'Direct Download' or 'Save to my Dropbox'

This is affecting our business operations and therefore need resolution ASAP

Have already switched browsers and cleared browsing histories 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Norah2 wrote:

Instead they only have the ability to Sign In or 'Direct Download' or 'Save to my Dropbox'

A couple of things jump out at me here...

If they're not signed in, they can't upload to a shared folder. Dropbox has never allowed uploads to a shared folder unless the user was logged in to their account and a member of the shared folder with edit access. You state that these people are non-Dropbox users, so that usually means you've provided a link to the folder instead.

If this is a share link to a folder, as opposed to a shared folder, then Dropbox has never allowed uploads to a share link. A share link is a view and/or download method of sharing and does not allow for uploads.

The only way to allow uploads from a non-Dropbox user is to use a File Request.

How, exactly, are these folders being shared with those users?

[This thread is now closed due to inactivity. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Norah2 wrote:

Instead they only have the ability to Sign In or 'Direct Download' or 'Save to my Dropbox'

A couple of things jump out at me here...

If they're not signed in, they can't upload to a shared folder. Dropbox has never allowed uploads to a shared folder unless the user was logged in to their account and a member of the shared folder with edit access. You state that these people are non-Dropbox users, so that usually means you've provided a link to the folder instead.

If this is a share link to a folder, as opposed to a shared folder, then Dropbox has never allowed uploads to a share link. A share link is a view and/or download method of sharing and does not allow for uploads.

The only way to allow uploads from a non-Dropbox user is to use a File Request.

How, exactly, are these folders being shared with those users?

[This thread is now closed due to inactivity. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?