cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pkce web auth does not work

pkce web auth does not work

programmer
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have app and want to authorize using this url:

https://www.dropbox.com/oauth2/authorize?token_access_type=offline&response_type=code&code_challenge...

After that I chose "sign in with google", chose my google account, enter password, and as a result I get the same page

https://www.dropbox.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=up9dc6vspz96ghi&code_challenge=_6rj6cf1qTS7Ia6slq...

I tried to use 2 different google accounts: the result is the same.

Just about 2 days ago authorization did work. Now I can't authorize.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It looks like the issue here is that the app you're attempting to authorize has team scopes, but the account you're signing in to is not on a team, and so cannot connect an app with team scopes.

Accordingly, you're being prompted to sign in again with a team account in order to connect the app. Normally, when signing in with Dropbox credentials, the page would show an error message indicating as much. This doesn't appear to be displayed when using the Google Sign In flow though. I'll ask the team to fix that up to show the error in that case as well.

So, to authorize this app, you'd need to either sign in to a team account, or not request team scopes.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It looks like the issue here is that the app you're attempting to authorize has team scopes, but the account you're signing in to is not on a team, and so cannot connect an app with team scopes.

Accordingly, you're being prompted to sign in again with a team account in order to connect the app. Normally, when signing in with Dropbox credentials, the page would show an error message indicating as much. This doesn't appear to be displayed when using the Google Sign In flow though. I'll ask the team to fix that up to show the error in that case as well.

So, to authorize this app, you'd need to either sign in to a team account, or not request team scopes.

programmer
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you Greg. I am really surprised how soon dropbox tech support replied! Compared with google (google drive), they don't answer at all. Moreover -- dropbox is faster and works better for my app than Google Drive, at least as far as I can see while testing!

programmer
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello, Greg. I am sorry that I write this in here but I had created a ticket on 15 august 2023 and still have not got any answer:

https://www.dropbox.com/support/ticket/22540036

Could you please help me with that?

Thanks.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@programmer I just checked on that ticket, and I see it did receive a response from support yesterday. Please make sure the email address registered to your account is correct and can receive email, and check your spam folder.

programmer
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I am sorry but I did not get any messages. Please could they just send me response once more to my email. Actually I got notified email on your recent reply:

Hi programmer,

Greg-DB (Dropbox Staff) mentioned you in a post! Join the conversation below:

Re: pkce web auth does not work

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@programmer Sure, I'll ask support to resend their message.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    programmer Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?