cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The duration of the access token

The duration of the access token

ThaiNguyen
Explorer | Level 4

Hello,

I use pure javascript call api https://content.dropboxapi.com/2/files/upload and succeeded.

But I'm having problems with the expiration of the access token.

I want to ask is there a way to get the access token automatically?

Or is it possible to set the access token time adjustment?

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you very much.

2 Replies 2

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @ThaiNguyen,

You need to "refresh" the access token using refresh token. 😉 Take a look here for additional info.

Hope this helps.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@ThaiNguyen Ð—дравко is correct, if you need access for a long period of time without the user present, you should request and use refresh tokens. For reference, Dropbox is no longer offering the option for creating new long-lived access tokens. Dropbox is switching to only issuing short-lived access tokens (and optional refresh tokens) instead of long-lived access tokens. You can find more information on this migration here.

Apps can still get long-term access by requesting "offline" access though, in which case the app receives a "refresh token" that can be used to retrieve new short-lived access tokens as needed, without further manual user intervention. You can find more information in the OAuth Guide and authorization documentation. There's a basic outline of processing this flow in this blog post which may serve as a useful example.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?