cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in call to API function ""users/get_current_account"":

Error in call to API function ""users/get_current_account"":

Omri1984
Explorer | Level 4

after getting a token using this method.

client = new DropboxTeamClient(request.AccessToken, request.RefreshToken, request.Expires, ClientIdBusiness,
ClientSecretBusiness);

then i am trying to get the account using 

var account = await client.AsMember(request.AsMember).Users.GetCurrentAccountAsync();

but then i am getting the error below ?

i am using this method in order to check if the account is the new Dropbox Space Team or the old one

if (account.RootInfo.IsTeam)

am I missing something ?

v=

: Error in call to API function ""users/get_current_account"": This API function operates on a single Dropbox account, but the OAuth 2 access token you provided is for an entire Dropbox Business team. Since your API app key has team member file access permissions, you can operate on a team member's Dropbox by providing the ""Dropbox-API-Select-User"" HTTP header or ""select_user"" URL parameter to specify the exact use

i am using the latest SDK Version 6.33.0.0

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Using the AsMember method is the right way to set the "Dropbox-API-Select-User" header with the .NET SDK. Your code itself looks fine, but the issue may be with the value you're using. Make sure your "request.AsMember" variable is properly set to the team member ID of the team member you wish to call on behalf of. For instance, if you are actually passing an empty string there, you will get this error.

(By the way, if you just want to connect to a particular account and don't need to call any team methods, you can disable any team scopes and get a new access token and refresh token without them. The access token without the team scopes will be specific to the particular account, Business or not, and so will not require the additional "Dropbox-API-Select-User" header. You can find more information on scopes in the OAuth Guide. If you don't need to call any team methods, e.g., if you just need to call individual endpoints, such as GetCurrentAccountAsync, I recommend this solution instead for simplicity and security.)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?