cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i delete a person emails from my dropbox

how do i delete a person emails from my dropbox

brian10
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

how do i delete a person emails address from my list to share they gave me the wrong email addess so i want to take out the old one in my list ??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

You can remove all contacts imported from third-party services, but there's no way to remove or edit individual entries. Instead, you'll need to just type the correct email address when you need to share something with that person.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Hi Brian,

Unfortunately as annoying as it is there is no way to do this 😞

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

brian10
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

so if you get a wrong email address and you put it in to your shared list you can not remove it ?? 

brian10
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
this do not fix the issue or resolve the question i think that some one mess up hare ??

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

You can remove all contacts imported from third-party services, but there's no way to remove or edit individual entries. Instead, you'll need to just type the correct email address when you need to share something with that person.

lndanz
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
It sounds like you have to start all over with the sharing process. Can't believe that the dropbox team does not have a fix for this. Please give us the ability to delete individuals and edit email address...

Tom H.
Super User
Go to solution

I am afraid it has been like this for quite a number of years now. I wouldn't expect it to change anytime soon. Your not starting over, simply invite the new email address or rather the correct address to the already established shared folder/file.

----

1paw.png If this has helped you, please "kudo" this post.
2paw.png If it has solved your issue please "Accept as Solution".

brian10
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
his there a way that we can contact the dropbox team and ask them why and if they well fix it ??

Tom H.
Super User
Go to solution

Your more than welcome to voice your quesrtions and concerns. Dropboxes doesnt typically give time frames for an answer/resolution to a problem. 

You can submit a ticket here https://www.dropbox.com/contact and follow up here https://dropbox.zendesk.com/access/unauthenticated * Note the password for zendesk is not your Dropbox password. Use the request password link to gain access, making sure to use the same email as your Dropbox account. 

ohcadro
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Enormously stupid thining dropbox. I have this old @icloud.com email which keeps on popping up when i type o . . . this is terrible design on your part ! Please fix so we can edit which emails are NOT allowed eh? OY vei 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ohcadro New member | Level 2
    Tom H. Super User
    brian10 Explorer | Level 4
    lndanz Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?