cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleting dropbox from computer

deleting dropbox from computer

AmandaLH
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have dropbox installed as a folder on my computer because of my work - Now I no longer work at the company, so I wanted to delete the dropbox folder from my mac, so it doesn't take up space on my hard drive. How do I do this without deleting anything from the company's dropbox? Can I just drag the dropbox folder into trash?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@AmandaLH wrote:

... I wanted to delete the dropbox folder from my mac, so it doesn't take up space on my hard drive. How do I do this without deleting anything from the company's dropbox?

Make sure you've uninstalled the Dropbox app or unlinked your computer from the account, then you can safely delete the Dropbox folder.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@AmandaLH wrote:

... I wanted to delete the dropbox folder from my mac, so it doesn't take up space on my hard drive. How do I do this without deleting anything from the company's dropbox?

Make sure you've uninstalled the Dropbox app or unlinked your computer from the account, then you can safely delete the Dropbox folder.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?