cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are my files? Gone after an update.

Where are my files? Gone after an update.

sbnadav
New member | Level 2

OMG!!!   Today dropbox asked permission to go to new format or whatever.  Did that.  Then to free up space on my Mac desktop, I followed instructions to selectively back up files. It said that it would delate what was not being backed up from my desktop.  BUT IT LOOKS LIKE IT DELETED ALL THE FILES I DIDN'T SELECT FROM THE CLOUD STORAGE AS WELL!!  DID I JUST LOSE ALL THAT?????  I SURE HOPE NOT.  Can't find it on my backup hard drive either, but I've never tried to find anything there.  Please help!!

1 Reply 1

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @sbnadav, let's see what we can find together about this! 

You mentioned a "new format" so I'm assuming you're talking about an app update, right? If not, feel free to clarify more. 

When you visit your account online, are you able to locate your content there? Did you have the chance to also review your selective sync settings?

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?