cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Completely remove an external collaborator

We should be able to completely remove an external collaborator from an account.

petalargie
New member | Level 2

Should be able to completely remove an external collaborator from an account. I deleted the original files I had shared with external collaborators before renewing my Dropbox account and upgrading it to a Business account. I am not able to delete external collaborators. I have no wish to see their names or share information with now or in the future. DEVELOPERS PLEASE CONTACT ME WHEN THIS CORRECTION IS MADE!

13 Replies 13

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

You'll actually need to convert their account back to an individual one, using the steps in this article.

If you simply deleted them, that would indeed delete their account as well.

You should be able to restore them to the team using these steps, and then convert them to an individual account, so they can be removed from the team, but keep their account and personal files.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

JACB1
Explorer | Level 3

HI!  What does he have to do to restore his account from basic to what he had before?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hi @JACB1!

Since he received a prorated refund for his subscription when he joined your team, all he needs to do now is simply re-upgrade to his preferred plan. 🙂

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

JACB1
Explorer | Level 3

Thank You, Hannah!

Need more support?