cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comments NOT POSTING!

Timed comments not saving

ebrookenorthrip
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I've been trying to make comments on my videos, but after I close out of that web browser and then go back, the comments have disappeared. I'm used to working on the web version of dropbox, and this has never been an issue before. It's also happening on multiple videos, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Help!

23 Replies 23

AdamRindy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm currently having the same issue. As soon as I leave a comment, and move on to the next image all the comments I  left disappear.  I've cleared my cache for both Safari and Chrome.  I've tested this across multiple accounts on several computers and nothing has worked. Hopefully this can get resolved sooner than later. 

jaz_min
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi!

I'm having the same issue, my comments are not syncing/saving to my files either! 

I've been on several different chats today w/dropbox's support center, tried all of their suggestions, & so far nothing has resolved this issue. Cleared my browser cache, re-launched/tried several different browsers, & nothing. 😞

Hopefully they resolve this issue for all of us soon!  

Best of luck! 

Brandon Zagha
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi, 

I've been on several different chats, from this morning until now, hoping I can resolve this issue of my comments not properly syncing/posting, but so far, none of their Support team members have been able to get this issue resolved. I've cleared my browser's cache, launched on several different browsers, even went as far as having another coworker purchase a monthly business subscription, & even then, they too were unable to post comments on any files. Can anyone shed some light on how to get this fixed??  

jaz_min
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Posting this in hopes of Dropbox's IT team to properly look into this issue. I've been working on a time sensitive project all week, with the majority of our communication being shared through Dropbox's commenting feature, & out of nowhere this morning the comments just stopped syncing/posting. After I'd attempt to post a comment, rather than it properly syncing & then noting the time & date, it would say that it posted "just now" & then disappear shortly after I'd select another file to comment on. I've tried all of dropbox's help team suggestions - opening through different browsers, cleared my browser's cache, asked different coworkers to attempt it on their end, & nothing has worked. No one is able to post a comment today. Please help! 

ebrookenorthrip
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@walter, I tried both of these things and neither worked. Please let me know what to do next. Thank you.

unpuzzle_marketing
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

We are experiencing this also and have to provide feedback to the editor today. Would be grateful to have an update. 

jkyr
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

I am facing similar issues - wondering if it has been resolved?

User would comment and when the page is reloaded - the comment disappears

Have tried the following:

- Clearing browser cache

- Using different browser

- Deleting and reuploaded the files

- Tried on different files and comment also disappeared - i.e. not file specific

- Commenting with different user accounts (personal Dropbox accounts) - i.e. not user specific

Issue only surfaced today.

Would appreciate any help.

gussy1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello. My coworkers are currently reporting the same issue on both Business and Personal accounts.
Sadly, this issue comes up occasionally and is never fully addressed by Dropbox.
They tend to roll out updates and add/remove/modify features without much warning or clear documentation, and bugs like this happen on occasion.
My team of 100+ freelancers and I have never found an adequate solution to these issues in the multiple instances that they have come up in the past, despite trying everything you stated and more.
Dropbox eventually resolves these issues without directly addressing them - in the past, it has taken anywhere from a few hours to a few days to be resolved.
I'm sorry I don't have much to offer in the way of solutions, but at least I can provide a realistic expectation based on what I've experienced.
I imagine that when the comments start working reliably again, we will find that a feature has been added, removed, or modified once again.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey everyone, thanks for the reports about this.

Can you confirm if you're still having an issue?

If so, let us know what version of your preferred browser you're using.

Thanks.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ebrookenorthrip
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

It works for me now, I was working on Chrome. THANK YOU!

Good luck everyone, I hope yours starts working too!

Need more support?