cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing files from a folder owned by a dead person

Removing files from a folder owned by a dead person

Dwight D.
New member | Level 2

I have discovered a number of files that I created have made it into a Dropbox folder owned by a now-deceased relative.  They contain personal information, and access is allowed for a considerable list of people. Weirdly, all of them except for me have editing permission. I cannot delete them because I am not the assigned owner.  I have no idea how the files got there and how the ownership was assigned to my relative.  Nowhere in the Dropbox universe can I find any online help, and there appears to be no way to actually speak to a living person at Dropbox  This may be a rare situation, but has probably happened sometime.  Any ideas out there?

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@Dwight D. wrote:

I have discovered a number of files that I created have made it into a Dropbox folder owned by a now-deceased relative.

Refer to the following help article:

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?