cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering files from business account that was downgraded to a personal account.

Recovering files from business account that was downgraded to a personal account.

blakeantes
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I recently downgraded my business account to a personal account, thinking Dropbox would move all of my files to the downgraded personal account. It looks like the files from my business account were not moved to the personal account. Does anyone know why this is and how I can find my files? Thanks. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I think I have a hunch as to what might be happening, @blakeantes!

To confirm, and then explain what might be the cause here, would you mind checking your sharing tab, to see if any of your previous Team folders are there, and have been removed? 

You might see the ability to add them to your Dropbox account, if you have enough space. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @blakeantes, let's jump right into this! 

Is it possible that in the process of upgrading/downgrading; you created two different Dropbox accounts, by any chance? 

If you check your events page, what do you see there? The Events page at www.dropbox.com/events gives you an overview of all activity in your account including files events (adds/edits/deletes), as well as adding or removing shared folders. 

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

blakeantes
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Megan,  I did not create a new account when I downgraded my business account to a personal account. In The Events page it shows some files and folders I added before and after the downgrade. It doesn't show any files edited or deleted or any shared folders.

Is it possible that the Dropbox basic free version does not have enough storage for the files I was previously storing? 

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I think I have a hunch as to what might be happening, @blakeantes!

To confirm, and then explain what might be the cause here, would you mind checking your sharing tab, to see if any of your previous Team folders are there, and have been removed? 

You might see the ability to add them to your Dropbox account, if you have enough space. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

blakeantes
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Megan, yes the files from my previous business account were in the sharing tab. I did need to upgrade to Dropbox plus for more space so I could rejoin the folder. Thanks!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

blakeantes New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?