cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: If I delete my photos from my computer, will it delete them from my Dropbox as well?

If I delete my photos from my computer, will it delete them from my Dropbox as well?

CB59
New member | Level 2

If I delete my photos from my computer or phone, will it delete them from my dropbox as well?  My account will still be active . . .  Thx

?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @CB59, let's jump right into this! 

Do you use our desktop or mobile app on your devices? 

Provided that you use both our desktop and mobile app, and you wish to delete local content from the devices here is what can happen:

On your computer, you can delete files outside of your Dropbox folder, and your content online won't be affected. However, if you wish to remove content from inside your Dropbox folder,  you might need to uninstall the app first. 

As for your mobile app, you can remove any files from your camera roll, or your mobile's local content without affecting your Dropbox files. 

I hope this clarifies. If you have any questions, let me know! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @CB59, let's jump right into this! 

Do you use our desktop or mobile app on your devices? 

Provided that you use both our desktop and mobile app, and you wish to delete local content from the devices here is what can happen:

On your computer, you can delete files outside of your Dropbox folder, and your content online won't be affected. However, if you wish to remove content from inside your Dropbox folder,  you might need to uninstall the app first. 

As for your mobile app, you can remove any files from your camera roll, or your mobile's local content without affecting your Dropbox files. 

I hope this clarifies. If you have any questions, let me know! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?