cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was removed from my team & now I can't access my local files anymore.

I was removed from my team & now I can't access my local files anymore.

GMNT777
New member | Level 2

I use a Macbook M2 Pro running Ventura. I had a Dropbox professional team account. Access to this account was removed by the administrator this morning.

By doing this, I lost access to all the documents I had locally on my computer, both in my Desktop, Downloads, and Documents folders. Instead of these files, I have a document called 'My Files in Dropbox.' It appears to be an alias that probably redirects to documents in a cache, but how can I restore this redirection? For your information, my administrator restored my Dropbox access to resolve the encountered issue.

3 Replies 3

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @GMNT777, I'd be more than happy to look into this with you! 

When you say that you lost all of your documents you mean everything that was stored inside your Dropbox folder locally, right? 

It sounds like the admin of the team might have removed you from the team and chose to delete the content from your device once you come online

Would you mind asking the admin if they transferred your content on another member when choosing to remove you from the team? If you visit your Backup page online, what do you see there? 

Let me know more!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

GMNT777
New member | Level 2

Hi Megan,

I can't see anything on the backup page.

The issue does not relate to the shared files of the account, but the files I had on my personal computer and which were apparently backed up on Dropbox. 

I would assume that first these files should be saved on my computer whatever cloud I used. i am not expecting that losing my access to Dropbox would also mean losing all my local files...

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @GMNT777, your Dropbox folder is a "mirror" of what your Dropbox account online holds. 

When you say that "the issue doesn't relate to the shared folders of the account" do you mean that these are intact when you check your Dropbox folder? 

Do you see any files when you visit your account online? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    GMNT777 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?