cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm over-quota, I can't delete any files and the only option I see is to upgrade.

I'm over-quota, I can't delete any files and the only option I see is to upgrade.

Jo_M
New member | Level 2

"Your account will not freeze completely though, you get the options to download and/or delete files from your account to free up space and go under-quota." 

My experience is the same as others' -- this option to  "download and/or delete files from your account to free up space and go under-quota" is untrue and has not been addressed. 

3 Replies 3

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Jo_M, welcome to our Community! 

Just to make sure we're on the same page, it sounds like you have some issues freeing up space for your Dropbox account. 

Would you mind clarifying if you have issues downloading or deleting the content? Provided that you have any screenshots that'll help me visualize what you see when you try the steps, I'd love to have them.

I'll be waiting for your update!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Jo_M
New member | Level 2

Hi, Megan, 

Thank you for your interest. From others' posts, I understand I'm not the only one who hasn't been able to get past the "update" option. The "here you'll find files" is not clickable. One email had "access granted" in the subject line but I have yet to find a way even to see what's there, and delete files. I do recognize that I did not respond to notifications that I was over my limit and needed to take action. I forgot I received some shared files in December 2022. I don't think there's anything I need to save, so at this point I'm considering closing my account if access is not readily available. 

Thanks,

Jo [removed per Community Guidelines]

Screenshot 2024-08-18 at 7.38.04 PM.jpg

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Jo_M, sorry for jumping in. Since I understand your Dropbox account is over-quota and syncing on your desktop app has paused, I’d suggest going to the Dropbox website instead and trying to delete any excess files from there. 

Can you give this a go and let me know if it works?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    Jo_M New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?